Slot Brothers Card Game!
March 15th, 2013 | EarthBound
Update: I’ll be posting about Itoi’s posts as they happen from now on, but I’ll also be archiving them all here for easy reference!
It looks like the MOTHER 2 Wii U Miiverse is up! It’s meant mainly for Japanese fans to get together right now, but it looks like fans from around the world have converged on it, asking for it to be released elsewhere 😛 Here’s just a random pic I took:
There’s also a separate sub-community page that features all of the Miiverse posts Shigesato Itoi is making. I assume he’ll be making them on a regular basis, so I’ll be updating with them on EB Central regularly too!
For now, here’s the first wave of his posts, as super-quickly translated by me. For ease of understanding, older posts are listed first here:
Ahh Ahh Can you hear me? This is Shigesato Itoi. Please give me something. Please give me Test Test
I’m about to eat a banana that’s been sitting in 50 degree celsius water for 15 minutes straight. ….Yum! MOTHER 2 is nice, but so is this banana.
I was so focused on the banana, but the banana isn’t what I should’ve been focused on.
Are you having trouble today because you’re so attractive to others?
You all have favorite memorable lines… So what’s your REALLY favorite line?
gimme 10 yen
Shouldn’t you be working or studying or something?
gimme 10 yen
(A picture of a Mr. Saturn saying “Ginau” which means nothing although backwards it could be read “unagi”, which means “eel”.)
That’s all he has posted for now.
While I’m at it, I should mention that MOTHER 2 is now on the Japanese Wii U eShop, but you can’t buy it yet. You can only gaze at a page with pictures and details about it:
I did buy a Japanese Wii U last week, so I’ll be able to check out the Wii U version of MOTHER 2 when it comes out in a few days. Man, the next week or two’s gonna be crazy here!
Other Related Posts:
31 Comments to MOTHER 2 Wii U Community Up + First Wave of Itoi Messages
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...