Random Post:

MOTHER 3 Reproductions

March 15th, 2013 | EarthBound

Update: I’ll be posting about Itoi’s posts as they happen from now on, but I’ll also be archiving them all here for easy reference!

It looks like the MOTHER 2 Wii U Miiverse is up! It’s meant mainly for Japanese fans to get together right now, but it looks like fans from around the world have converged on it, asking for it to be released elsewhere :P Here’s just a random pic I took:

mother2-community

There’s also a separate sub-community page that features all of the Miiverse posts Shigesato Itoi is making. I assume he’ll be making them on a regular basis, so I’ll be updating with them on EB Central regularly too!

itoitalking

For now, here’s the first wave of his posts, as super-quickly translated by me. For ease of understanding, older posts are listed first here:

Ahh Ahh Can you hear me? This is Shigesato Itoi. Please give me something. Please give me Test Test

I’m about to eat a banana that’s been sitting in 50 degree celsius water for 15 minutes straight. ….Yum! MOTHER 2 is nice, but so is this banana.

I was so focused on the banana, but the banana isn’t what I should’ve been focused on.

Are you having trouble today because you’re so attractive to others?

You all have favorite memorable lines… So what’s your REALLY favorite line? gimme 10 yen

Shouldn’t you be working or studying or something? gimme 10 yen

(A picture of a Mr. Saturn saying “Ginau” which means nothing although backwards it could be read “unagi”, which means “eel”.)

That’s all he has posted for now.

While I’m at it, I should mention that MOTHER 2 is now on the Japanese Wii U eShop, but you can’t buy it yet. You can only gaze at a page with pictures and details about it:

mother2-eshop

I did buy a Japanese Wii U last week, so I’ll be able to check out the Wii U version of MOTHER 2 when it comes out in a few days. Man, the next week or two’s gonna be crazy here!

31 Comments to MOTHER 2 Wii U Community Up + First Wave of Itoi Messages

Earth Saturn said on Mar. 15, 2013

It’s really awesome that the American fans are posting on here, but unfortunately nobody’s gonna understand them since it’s a Japanese community. Oh well, hopefully some people will understand. *Cough* *cough* Itoi. *Cough* *cough* Nintendo.

I’m really anxious to see if there really are any differences, like if there are any song replacements, it’ll be interesting to see if they added all-new songs or replaced them with existing ones.

These next few weeks/months are gonna keep me on edge the entire time, wondering if this re-release will ever come outside of Japan…

Buster The Fox said on Mar. 15, 2013

HRRRRG, I can’t wait to hear the details!!! What’s the exact date it’s coming out, again? I should check…

Maybe I should go leave an English-language Miiverse post, too. xD

Buster The Fox said on Mar. 15, 2013

Ninja’d by Earth Saturn. >_<

Earth Saturn said on Mar. 15, 2013

^ lol sorry about that Buster.

Leeaux said on Mar. 15, 2013

Let’s hope a lot of english responses do something! Really is a shame we aren’t apart of this.

Mr. Saturn said on Mar. 15, 2013

Fight the good fight people. We have to get EarthBound released on the VC. I’d love to join but sadly I don’t have a Wii U.

Anon said on Mar. 15, 2013

>prays for a US release
>forgets about Europe even though the US already had EarthBound

-_—

Prayer For Safety said on Mar. 15, 2013

This is really nice to see Mother fans from across the world discussing their love for the series. All the fan art looks really great, especially the picture of Paula praying for a US release.

Prayer For Safety said on Mar. 15, 2013

EarthBound/Mother fans from across the world prayed from the bottom of their hearts for a rerelease.

“….Please grant us power!
Anyone who can hear our plea….
Help us….”

TWM said on Mar. 15, 2013

@Anon

I hear you… People, if you post about EB VC releases on the M2 Miiverse page, can you please just say ‘the West’? I do get a little annoyed when I see everyone saying ‘EarthBound for America!’ and the game was never released in Europe…

Anonymous said on Mar. 15, 2013

>Are you having trouble today because you’re so attractive to others?

I really wish I had this problem. I really do.

johnr754 said on Mar. 15, 2013

Ugh, I’m insanely jealous. I truly hope this comes outside of Japan.

PSY (PsiReaper) said on Mar. 15, 2013

Now we watch and wait. B) Can’t discuss much intil any game specific info for VC Mother 2 or any information regarding a hopeful release of Earthbound to the English speakers.

Max_H said on Mar. 15, 2013

So, if I understand this correctly, we’re anxious for Nintendo to re-release EarthBound in the U.S. because the cartridges currently cost two-hundred-plus dollars. The remedy for this would be paying three-hundred-plus dollars to play it on a Wii U. I used to be in favor of this, but now I don’t see why.

Mato said on Mar. 15, 2013

Well, a lot of people here are Nintendo fans who probably already have a Wii U. So the investment cost isn’t a big thing. Plus the Wii U can be used for more than just possibly EarthBound.

johnr754 said on Mar. 15, 2013

Actually, since I bought my Wii U a few months ago, I should be fine if EarthBound happens to be bound for Wii U.

3DS? That would be even better.

johnr754 said on Mar. 15, 2013

drat i was ninja’d by mato :/

Also, the Wii U will have some good games later, such as Lego City Undercover, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, and that new RPG by Monolith Soft. There’s also NSMBU, Nintendo Land, Batman Arkham City, ME3, and more.

Max_H said on Mar. 15, 2013

Mato: That’s a completely legitimate point. I guess I’m just not a big enough Nintendo fan anymore. It doesn’t seem worth it to me (and I even own a Virtual Boy).

PSIpunky said on Mar. 15, 2013

Well, since you can read japanse I hope you enjoy the Wii U. As stated, the Wii U has more functions than just for the sole purpose of getting Mother 2.

Many will be interested to see if there are any changes to the game. I think you should play the game entirely before posting your findings.

wvlfpvp said on Mar. 15, 2013

Earth Saturn: Yes, because nobody in Japan speaks English. And before you say anything, YES, I understand that the majority of learning is more vocabulary-based than actually learning how English works, but come on. How insular can you be to say that, essentially implying that you don’t believe that people for whom English is not their first language won’t be able to understand it?

Mato said on Mar. 15, 2013

Max_H: Yeah, I can understand where you’re coming from. I only got this Wii U so I could do posts about stuff on EB Central. Looking through the games selection there’s not much that interests me at all :|

starman0 said on Mar. 15, 2013

I applaud your dedication to the series by buying a Japanese Wii U, Mato. I can’t wait to hear if there’s been any changes made!

Earth Saturn said on Mar. 15, 2013

wvlfpvp, That is true. English is pretty much a second language in Japan. But there are still a good number of Japanese people who don’t speak English. All that I meant to say was that there are a lot of people who won’t understand what the Americans are saying.

Pichu said on Mar. 15, 2013

I wonder how a VC release would affect the cartridge price?

rubber cat said on Mar. 15, 2013

Ha ha, I love the stuff about the banana. Thanks for the translations, Mato.

WheatThinEthan said on Mar. 15, 2013

It’d be ironic if he mentioned a Tomato!

I just want to say though that the chances are better than ever right now. Can’t wait to see what happens, and if MOTHER or MOTHER 3 get news.

Hyperstar96 said on Mar. 15, 2013

Words of wisdom from a writer: “My work is good, but so is this banana… yum.”

misterdigi said on Mar. 16, 2013

Fans from all over the world are converging on the miiverse? maybe if well all shout loud enough they will release the game over here. let’s do it. yeah we did it before and they didn’t listen, but let’s do it again anyway!

Mr. Tenda said on Mar. 16, 2013

What does the “gimme 10 yen” thing mean?

Mato said on Mar. 16, 2013

It’s just a thing he started doing. He started with “Gimme something” during his original test post and then has been doing “gimme 10 yen” since.

Buster The Fox said on Mar. 18, 2013

Has he done the ten yen thing since the third time he did it? :p Maybe he’s cleverly referencing the fact that the game is 30 yen to buy, so he posted “Gimme 10 yen” three times. Lol

No one answered my question, I’m too lazy to Google, OMG WHEN IZ EARFFBOUWNZZ COMIN OUT IN JAPANZ????

Prediction of the future: