MOTHER 2 EARTHBOUND DOSEISAN MR SATURN  & GEPPU  MASTER BELCH PLUSH DOLL JP NEW

March 19th, 2013 | EarthBound

mother-2-japanese-wii-u

MOTHER 2 for the Japanese Wii U is now available! If you have a Japanese Wii U it’ll only cost you 30 yen to get the game, but it’ll only be available to buy for about a month. After that, it’s anyone’s guess what’ll happen with it.

Reid, Jeff, Poe, and I plan to stream the game soon, so if you have some time, stick around the site! I’ll post a link and more info as soon as stuff is set up. Right now I’m just waiting for them to get here 😛

22 Comments to MOTHER 2 Now Available on Japanese Wii U

Anonymous said on Mar. 19, 2013

“If you have a Japanese Wii U it’ll only cost you 30 yen to get the game, but it’ll only be available to buy for about a month. After that, it’s anyone’s guess what’ll happen with it.”

It’ll stay on but be full price, just like every other game that’s been part of that promotion.

SuperTrainStationH said on Mar. 19, 2013

Isn’t that the equivalent of thirty US cents or something?

Mato said on Mar. 19, 2013

Anonymous: That’s what I thought, but the first game in the promotion isn’t available to buy now. I forget what it was off the top of my head though.

Mato said on Mar. 19, 2013

SuperTrainStationH: Yeah, it’s somewhere around that amount, it’s insanely cheap 😯

Anonymous said on Mar. 19, 2013

It was Balloon Fight, and it’s still on EU and NA’s shops.

Snesdude7 said on Mar. 19, 2013

1st game was balloon fight
2nd (for Japan only) was a Fire emblem game

Earthbounder said on Mar. 19, 2013

Its so unfair. Japan get Fire Emblem fire emblem monshou no nazo AND Earthbound. 🙁

Snesdude7 said on Mar. 19, 2013

And balloon fight IS gone and so wil F-ZERO when we sadly get PUNCH-OUT!! (but I used to be exited for it before I heard what Japan was getting)
o_O

Snesdude7 said on Mar. 19, 2013

o_O

Mato said on Mar. 19, 2013

Well, I just checked and Fire Emblem is no longer available to buy either. So I guess in Japan they aren’t brought up to full price immediately afterward.

The game IS gone and so wil F-ZERO when we sadly get PUNCH-OUT!! (but I used to be exited for it before I heard what Japan was getting) o_O said on Mar. 19, 2013

Comment is my user name…

(sorry for posting comment more than once!) said on Mar. 19, 2013

I thought it never posted

Stuffgamer1 said on Mar. 19, 2013

How odd. Well, they’ll probably come back when the “full service” launches…which I KNOW Nintendo announced for “spring,” but I’ve heard April specifically…anybody know if that’s true?

Anon said on Mar. 19, 2013

Yeah, I would rather have had ファイアーエムブレム 紋章の謎
over F-Zero, but at least both are games that would normally cost 8$ as they are both SNES/Super Famicom games. In the case of Punch-Out, however, not only does Japan get a far superior game by all means, but it also means that they save more on their games during this sale, as PO is an NES game while Mother 2 is a Super Famicom game. Thus, they save 3$ more than we do during this sale, which just shows how inadequate Punch-Out is as an excuse for not giving us EarthBound. Way to go, NoA and NoE.

Snesdude7 said on Mar. 19, 2013

You couldn’t get fire emblem because it was only in Japanese!

Snesdude7 said on Mar. 19, 2013

And full service in summer (July!)

Anon said on Mar. 19, 2013

I know that it is Japanese only, but my point was that F-Zero at least has the same value as that game when you buy it full price on the virtual console, which is not something that can be said about EarthBound and Punch-Out.

Ness1985 said on Mar. 19, 2013

I’m on Twitch now and waiting 🙂

Zeether said on Mar. 19, 2013

Great, now we need to beg NOA for it here.

NessPKrocks said on Mar. 19, 2013

Let’s just give it time, and wait for the normal virtual console. Nintendo hasn’t even announced the starting game line up yet.

earthboundzerofanboy678 said on Mar. 19, 2013

it will be 900 yen

Goveynetcom said on Mar. 19, 2013

Wow that’s cheap! At least real cartridges of Mother 2 are fairly cheap if you look on sites other than eBay.