March 20th, 2013 | EarthBound

A lot of stuff happened yesterday that I wasn’t able to keep up with, so now it’s time to play catch-up little by little. First, if you’re a fan of Game Center CX (also known as Retro Game Master) then you’ll be happy to know there’s a new Wii U Virtual Console video of Arino playing MOTHER 2!

mother-2-game-center-cx

I haven’t watched it yet but I’ll update this post later with a few more details. Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure this is a Japanese Wii U-only thing, but it sounds like there’s already work going on to get it subbed too, so look forward to that!

10 Comments to MOTHER 2 Game Center CX Video Released in Japan

aerobert said on Mar. 20, 2013

This is so painful to watch. Bring it to the west!

resetsurvivor said on Mar. 20, 2013

Ahh, man. That’s too cool. On the 3DS Japanese eShop they have a whole section dedicated to GCCX. Maybe they’ll do that for the WiiU Japanese eShop as well. I should have purchased a Japanese WiiU instead :\

LadyStarstorm said on Mar. 20, 2013

Ahhh I only recently started watching Game Center CX and then, the fansubs suddenly got pulled from YouTube!! Kind of unfair. :'( Arino is too funny…

I really have to track down the fansub team’s site since they were really good quality subs! Hope they’ll do this video too!

Mato said on Mar. 20, 2013

There are actually a few different fansub teams. Two I know of are “Last Continue GCCX” and “SA GCCX”. There’s also a GCCX Synchtube which I’ve never tried myself but is apparently a non-stop stream of subtitled GCCX videos.

Hopefully that’ll push you in the right direction!

Dom said on Mar. 20, 2013

Synctube has closed down 🙁

LadyStarstorm said on Mar. 20, 2013

That’s awesome, thanks for the info! I think the ones I’d been watching that were up on YouTube for awhile were by the “SA GCCX” team; That group name looks really familiar. So I’ll look into finding their vid files~

Pep said on Mar. 20, 2013

Nice! I’m a big fan of GCCX so I’m really looking forward to this.

Poe said on Mar. 20, 2013

SYNCHTUBE IS GONE?!!?! nooooooooo now what will i watch at Fangamer!?? :(((((((

Green said on Mar. 20, 2013

OH MY GOD TWO OF MY FAVORITE THINGS TOGETHER

Justin said on Mar. 20, 2013

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!

Arino has already revealed himself to be a Mother uber-fan — he even knew the Mother and Mother 2 taglines offhand. I’m so excited I could burst.