March 22nd, 2013 | EarthBound, Videos

thing

The other day I posted that a MOTHER 2-themed Game Center CX video had been released in conjunction with MOTHER 2’s release on the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console. Well, now it’s subtitled in English for your viewing pleasure!

Watch as Arino tries to play MOTHER 2! Check out his good luck, his bad luck, and his wacky naming choices!

Also, it wasn’t much, but I helped out a little bit by checking the EarthBound references and stuff in the subs before it was released.

Anyway, go check it out!

UPDATE: You can also see it here if you don’t want to download it:

15 Comments to MOTHER 2 Game Center CX Subtitled

Mr. Saturn said on Mar. 22, 2013

Greatest. Day. Ever.

Mebbles said on Mar. 22, 2013

I love me some Game Center CX :3

MG said on Mar. 22, 2013

Just wondering, is this translation team affiliated with SAGCCX or are they separate?

Mato said on Mar. 22, 2013

It’s a separate, recently new one. I actually wanted to help out SAGCCX a while back with some stuff but I’m lame and never made the time for it, heh. But man, I really admire Nina’s work ethic, she’s a translatin’ machine 😯

Anonymous said on Mar. 22, 2013

Hey Mato,
Is it true that Earthbound was on NA VC for ten minutes, and pulled it off because of no sales?
I found a link here:http://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=1651

Mato said on Mar. 22, 2013

No, that’s just a joke site.

Anonymous said on Mar. 22, 2013

Oh! All right.

Thedreaminhawk said on Mar. 22, 2013

This makes me wanna pull out my mother 1 and 2 cart again… NOA needs to release it ASAP when the full service launches

Mato said on Mar. 22, 2013

I actually always hoped he’d do Mother 1 someday, since it seemed pretty unlikely he’d ever do Mother 2. Then he went and did Mother 2 instead! Now I’m still hoping he’ll do a Mother 1 one sometime πŸ˜›

Halloween said on Mar. 22, 2013

I always hoped he’d do Mother someday too. I’m glad he likes it!

Mr. Saturn said on Mar. 23, 2013

I’d love to see him do the full game. Given that EarthBound is a bit faster paced an RPG, if he got the hang of it quickly he could probably finish it in 2 shows times.

Mato said on Mar. 23, 2013

Yeah, although I’d be worried it’d end up like his Zelda episodes though, where it’s basically just showing him fighting each boss. Those are nice, but they’re not as fun. Maybe it’s because Nintendo games are too polished πŸ˜›

Mato said on Mar. 23, 2013

For those of you who prefer SAGCCX, they’ve just released their version of the Mother 2 episode too. I’m not sure where to link to since I usually use their torrents instead of their direct download links, but for now it’s located here.

Mr. Saturn said on Mar. 23, 2013

Yeah the OoT run was kind of a disappointment in that he didn’t even play the Forest and Fire Temple.

I guess it can’t be helped seeing that Zelda games are generally from start to finish the longest games he has played.

juice said on Mar. 25, 2013

Hey Mato, I have a quick question for ya! Have you guys considered doing a “Did you know gaming…” video for earthbound? They get special gusts to do game specific videos and im sure you or some old friends of yours would love to do the video!