PSI Thunder Animation Glitch
The other day during the Fangamer/Starmen.Net/EarthBound Central/Everything Else MOTHER 2 live stream event, Marcus Lindblom, one of the main brains behind EarthBound’s localization popped into the chat and really upped everyone’s excitement. He also answered a number of questions fans had and answered some mysteries as well!
Here are quick excerpts of some of the highlights:
One thing I actually kind of like is the fact that there’s lots of things that people speculate about, and I would hate to kill some of that with answers…
Unfortunately, there wasn’t much process
So in Japanese it’s pronounced like “Geeg”
So we all pronounced it as “Geegus”
(A character is named Nico in Magicant. We never knew where this name came from, as it wasn’t in the Japanese version. It was recently revealed that it was the name of Marcus’ baby who’d just been born at the time. Here’s some more info he has on this)
Nico was born on 2/8/95 and I worked for like 30 straight days after that, like 12-14 hours/day
I think that’s why they let me put her name in…
And here’s a longer text file log of the relevant part of the chat:
- Text file log of the Marcus chat
- Another log of the same chat, but possibly with more/different stuff logged
I wasn’t part of the chat, so I don’t know if more was discussed than just this. I think I heard that he popped in and out throughout the day. It sounds like he’s going to hang around the community more often, so if you see him around, tell him hi!
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to Marcus Lindblom Spills Some EarthBound Secrets
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...