MOTHER 2 Giygas Typing Game
The other day during the Fangamer/Starmen.Net/EarthBound Central/Everything Else MOTHER 2 live stream event, Marcus Lindblom, one of the main brains behind EarthBound’s localization popped into the chat and really upped everyone’s excitement. He also answered a number of questions fans had and answered some mysteries as well!
Here are quick excerpts of some of the highlights:
One thing I actually kind of like is the fact that there’s lots of things that people speculate about, and I would hate to kill some of that with answers…
Unfortunately, there wasn’t much process
So in Japanese it’s pronounced like “Geeg”
So we all pronounced it as “Geegus”
(A character is named Nico in Magicant. We never knew where this name came from, as it wasn’t in the Japanese version. It was recently revealed that it was the name of Marcus’ baby who’d just been born at the time. Here’s some more info he has on this)
Nico was born on 2/8/95 and I worked for like 30 straight days after that, like 12-14 hours/day
I think that’s why they let me put her name in…
And here’s a longer text file log of the relevant part of the chat:
- Text file log of the Marcus chat
- Another log of the same chat, but possibly with more/different stuff logged
I wasn’t part of the chat, so I don’t know if more was discussed than just this. I think I heard that he popped in and out throughout the day. It sounds like he’s going to hang around the community more often, so if you see him around, tell him hi!
Other Related Posts:
16 Comments to Marcus Lindblom Spills Some EarthBound Secrets
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.