1up.com’s MOTHER 3 Review
Many EB Central regulars know that I relatively recently started a new site called Legends of Localization in which I dig deeply into the localization and translation differences between various video games.
For years I’ve had my EarthBound/MOTHER 2 comparison here on EarthBound Central, but now it makes more sense for me to put it over on LoL (don’t laugh!). It took a while, but now the stuff has been moved over! Check it out here!
Rather than just move everything over as-is, I also gave the EarthBound/MOTHER 2 comparison a better layout and made it consistent with the other games I’ve compared. While I was at it, I fixed some small details and added a tiny bit of new content – not much, but just a few things. For instance, I point out that Starmen are apparently hired killers/assassins, which is something I didn’t mention before.
In fact, the whole first half of my EarthBound analysis is pretty thin – just compare one early page with any of the other games I’ve compared. So I’d love to go and add lots more content someday, but I think I might save all that as extra stuff for a book version.
To be completely honest, deep down I’d much rather start on a MOTHER 1/EB0/MOTHER 1+2 comparison before getting started with my MOTHER 3 notes again, but I also feel bad for neglecting the MOTHER 3 notes so many times for so long 🙁
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Legends of Localization: EarthBound
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...