Mr. Saturn Font in the Wild
Once a month I update the EarthBound pricing info on buyearthbound.com by hand so that fans can get the best deals and avoid spending too much. Here’s the latest price info:
- EarthBound cart: $205 (up from $189, lowest: $149.99 / highest: $269.95)
- EarthBound guide: $120 (up from $103, lowest: $75.00) / highest: $215.95)
- EarthBound complete set: $818 (up from $626, lowest: $355.00 / highest: $2215.00)
So this marks the begin of EarthBound cartridges costing over $200 just by themselves. It’s still hard to fathom – when I started EarthBound Central just a few years ago I was always telling people, “Don’t buy EarthBound if it’s over $75, you can get it at $70 if you’re patient.” Now the price has gone insane 😯 It seems like retro games in general have dramatically increased in price over the past few years – I guess it’s because kids who grew up in the 80s and 90s are now adults and have the money to try to relive their nostalgia? I dunno, it’s all pretty crazy and there are probably multiple reasons.
A couple complete EarthBound sets solder over $1000 too. If I ever get a time machine, I think I’ll go back and invest in Google and buy up all the cheap copies of EarthBound.
Here were some other related eBay listings that caught my eye:
- This was poorly listed, I wonder if it’s a complete set or just the box?
- $50 for the cardboard thing inside the EarthBound box?
- $169.99 for the cardboard thing????
- $244.95 for the box???????
Later this month the Wii U Virtual Console version of MOTHER 2 is being released in Japan… I don’t think we’ll necessarily hear anything about an EarthBound version immediately afterward or anything, but man I hope it gets released outside of Japan too eventually.
Anyway, as always, check out buyearthbound.com if you’re thinking of buying a copy of EarthBound or the guide or the box or all of it – it’ll probably save you tons of money! Don’t throw your money away like you do if you invest in Orange Kid!
Other Related Posts:
24 Comments to EarthBound Price Update (Mar 2013)
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues