MOTHER 1+2 Translation Soon
March 2nd, 2013 | EarthBound
On March 20th MOTHER 2 gets released on the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console. An official “MOTHER 2 Revival Festival” event is also planned, the highlight of which will involve Shigesato Itoi posting his memories about the game’s development on the game’s Miiverse.
A couple things interest me:
- What stuff Itoi has planned to talk about
- What changes (if any) this version of MOTHER 2 have
- Thoughts and reactions from Japanese fans on Miiverse
I know very little about Wii Us though, so I have a few questions for people who have one already.
- From an American Wii U, would I be able to follow this stuff that Itoi posts on Miiverse?
- Would it be possible to see what Japanese fans are saying from an American Wii U?
I’m almost 100% sure there’s no way to switch an American Wii U’s region to Japan, so if I wanted to get the Japanese MOTHER 2 release I’d have to get a Japanese Wii U for sure though. They’re already expensive enough, but having to import one will tack on an extra hundred or two hundred dollars, I imagine. So another question is: does anyone know where I could import a Japanese Wii U for the least amount of money?
I’d like to be able to cover this stuff on EB Central in a few weeks, so if anyone has any tips, please let me know! And if the cost gets really crazy, I was hoping people might help chip in a little bit of money, but then I realized another problem will befall me – after the MOTHER 2 stuff, I don’t think I’d ever really play my Japanese Wii U. It’d just sit there and collect dust. I dunno what I’d do with it at that point, heh.
I guess if it turns out to cost too much I’ll just hope Japanese fans post enough stuff for me to share. It does seem kind silly to spend a ton of money on something that I’ll use for only a few weeks.
Anyway, if you guys have any thoughts or ideas or whatever, please let me know in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
34 Comments to Considering a Japanese Wii U
- Mother2fan: Since 1889, bitch!
- game4brains: To clarify my statement on the graphics being “awful”, I’m referring to how the GBA’s lack of a backlight...
- Anonymous: @Lloyd Jeffney Thanks for clarifying that.
- Lloyd Jeffney: @Anonymous There wasn’t a problem with the Octopus statue, it’s just in Japan it was used for a pun that would not work...
- Chivi-chivik: It’s quite funny how Nintendo’s so old yet almost nobody knows that XD (I already knew that, that’s why I’m...