March 20th, 2013 | EarthBound, Videos

The other day I posted a video of the MOTHER 2 Miiverse stuff. Immediately afterward I realized there’s a section on there that shows only the top-rated stuff, so I made another video today showcasing that:

(There’s some other stuff in there too near the end, just me replying to people and stuff.)

These videos are mostly for people who don’t have Wii Us of their own and thus can’t see this stuff for themselves. They’re also partly for future reference – it’d suck if years from now people are like, “Yeah, remember that MOTHER 2 Miiverse stuff from way back when? Too bad none of it got saved.” I still kick myself for not saving a bunch of old stuff from years ago, so not this time 😛

On another note, I’ve been getting a lot of e-mails and requests for doing some sort of “siege” of Miiverse. I really don’t know if spamming the place up is a good idea, so I don’t want to recommend that. But if anyone else has any ideas on how to effectively use Miiverse to try to convince whoever needs convincing to release EarthBound on the VC, please share them in the comments!

18 Comments to A Look at the Top MOTHER 2 Miiverse Posts

PsiWolf674 said on Mar. 20, 2013

The creativity and craftsmanship of some of these Miiverse posts is really stunning… thank you for making this video for those of us who don’t have WiiUs, Tomato!

Pep said on Mar. 20, 2013

Thank you for sharing! I’ve been dying to see these posts as I have yet to buy a Wii U myself. So much talent in the community.

2Sang said on Mar. 20, 2013

There are a lot of talented earthbound fans out there

JB2448 said on Mar. 20, 2013

How about a Miiverse art contest requiring a tasteful request for EarthBound to be released in the west? Maybe the winner could get a badge on the Starmen.net forums or something.

Miles of SmashWiki said on Mar. 20, 2013

These are fantastic works of art! Great work to the fans who created these.

gBev said on Mar. 20, 2013

I can’t believe how many there are, really goes to show just how big the number of fans has gotten.

The Great Morgil said on Mar. 21, 2013

Agreed, spamming miiverse is annoying. That’s why i hit the report button when i see posts that are off topic and spammy. I wanna see EB on the US VC as much as the next person, but i still feel some class should be shown in places like this. You know the old saying “don’t feed the trolls”. Well, you want Nintendo to not feed you when you act like that?

Tourist said on Mar. 21, 2013

The most effective way is a continuous amount of on-topic comments and art from users in regions outside Japan. Posts that just say “Please bring to English!!!” will look spammy. But, if you’ve got a lot of people showing love and fond memories and discussing the game (marking spoilers as needed), then that is clear evidence to Nintendo and even Itoi that there’s a dedicated following.

I say go for it. No requests, just show your love for Mother series often. PK Love.

Tourist said on Mar. 21, 2013

Oh, and include appreciation to Itoi for the games he created. I get the feeling he likes that kind of fondness from fans.

WhatsHerFace said on Mar. 21, 2013

These super detailed drawings are pretty amazing…

Anonymous said on Mar. 21, 2013

Wow. Quite A bit of people drew Mother 3 stuff. I was surprised to see Wess! O_O

Belle said on Mar. 21, 2013

Did anyone ever see the “Willem Dafoe” miiverse? How that one website Destructoid spread the joke about turning Rabbid’s Land into a place to post drawings of like the actor? What about doing that but with, say, the Balloon Fight community?

Darien said on Mar. 21, 2013

Hijacking a different channel is unlikely to get you anything you want, and it’ll irritate the people trying to discuss the actual game. I’m in favour of sticking to the M2 channel, and I still think the art approach is best; if people draw good things on a consistent basis, it will show that interest is there.

Not that I think the problem is that Nintendo doesn’t know some people are interested, mind you. I’m rather confident it’s the legal issues, and I don’t expect a resolution. Which is another reason I favour the art approach: this way, at the end of the day, we’ll still have cool new stuff!

Vince94 said on Mar. 21, 2013

We should only spam with awesome fanart, and down in the corner we could say “Mother 2 Worldwide Release,” or something really short like that, so as not to distract from the artwork.

Ring064 said on Mar. 22, 2013

we could all try and get people to put in their profile info page that they want earthbound released outside of japan. its not going to spam in any comunity and will proably catch on quickly if lots of great artists place it in their message.

it could say something like ” i am ready for earthbound. if you are, add this message to your personal message”. ill leave it up to you what we should place in our message.

Ring064 said on Mar. 22, 2013

ps: thanks mato for having me in the video at the end 😀 that really made my day.

shame none of my are was in the top post…

Anonymous said on Apr. 5, 2013

6:51 EARTHBOUND TO US!

211Nickey said on Nov. 26, 2013

These people draw so good it makes me hate myself.