February 23rd, 2013 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, MOTHER 1

Jdaster, whose piano work we’ve seen before here, recently released an album of live jazzy piano music of video game music, including a number of songs from EarthBound. You can see/hear a preview of the album here:

The EarthBound/MOTHER tracks on it are:

• Wisdom of the World (MOTHER)
  • Threed, Free at Last (EarthBound)
  • Snowman (MOTHER)
  • Winters White (EarthBound)
  • Smiles and Tears (EarthBound)

If you like what you hear, you can get the album here:

9 Comments to Video Game Variations Album

righteousNess said on Feb. 23, 2013

It’s really good!! Love it! As soon as someone gives me some more iTunes cash I’m definitely getting this!

Jdaster64 said on Feb. 23, 2013

Is some link in the post misparsed? Everything on the page after the Loudr link links to the iTunes site, lol. From a few of my friends’ experience, the Loudr download is quite a bit easier if you don’t already have iTunes, and it’s a bit more flexible in pricing, as well.

linkdude20002001 said on Feb. 23, 2013

Hmm… Seems kinda fast-tempo’d.

thelucaskid482 said on Feb. 23, 2013

This is great stuff! Anybody know where we can get some more of this?

Mato said on Feb. 23, 2013

Sorry, I b0rked the HTML in one of the links, I fixed it now.

TragicManner said on Feb. 23, 2013

Awesome project. I have to say, “Threed, Free at Last” is one of my most nostalgic Earthbound songs. Every time I hear it it just takes me back to the first time I played through the game. It’s pretty magical.

So much about Earthbound was about pacing, timing, and the subtle rewards you got through the game’s progression to me. It’s cool to see how the arrangement managed to still capture all of that in it!

I also love Wisdom of the World. The arrangement on that one seems pretty great as well.

Mr Moustache said on Feb. 23, 2013

When the title “Swap Meet” appeared on the screen I thought they were going to jam on the Nirvana song of the same name

Linkzcap said on Feb. 24, 2013

man there are a lot of good video game melodies

SpuffyCloud said on Oct. 14, 2013