Game Players’ EarthBound Review
For a while now a fan by the name of Hagen has been working on a hack of EarthBound to undo a lot of the changes in the localization, much of which is based on my comparison of the Japanese and North American versions here. Anyway, Hagen asked me yesterday about something that might be interesting to share.
At the end of the game, the Stoic Club is replaced by a different type of establishment. In EarthBound, it’s a truck stop (on the beach in Summers? okay…) but in MOTHER 2 it’s a cheap bar. This isn’t really anything new, but I thought I’d share what the MOTHER 2 text says when you call the place:
Hey! Thanks for callin’! This is the cheap drinking spot “Lunatics for Life”!
What’s that? Stoic Club? I shut down that no-fun joint long ago.
Now I’m runnin a “cheap, tasty, noisy” drinking spot.
I don’t got time for long phone calls.
Hi there! Come on in!
(Click beep beep)
It’s a very rough, done-on-the-spot translation and the name of the place doesn’t translate very well at all, but I thought it’d be neat to share anyway!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to The Other Bar in MOTHER 2
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...