EarthBound is a Wii U Best Seller
For a while now a fan by the name of Hagen has been working on a hack of EarthBound to undo a lot of the changes in the localization, much of which is based on my comparison of the Japanese and North American versions here. Anyway, Hagen asked me yesterday about something that might be interesting to share.
At the end of the game, the Stoic Club is replaced by a different type of establishment. In EarthBound, it’s a truck stop (on the beach in Summers? okay…) but in MOTHER 2 it’s a cheap bar. This isn’t really anything new, but I thought I’d share what the MOTHER 2 text says when you call the place:
Hey! Thanks for callin’! This is the cheap drinking spot “Lunatics for Life”!
What’s that? Stoic Club? I shut down that no-fun joint long ago.
Now I’m runnin a “cheap, tasty, noisy” drinking spot.
I don’t got time for long phone calls.
Hi there! Come on in!
(Click beep beep)
It’s a very rough, done-on-the-spot translation and the name of the place doesn’t translate very well at all, but I thought it’d be neat to share anyway!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to The Other Bar in MOTHER 2
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.