EarthBound Had Best SNES Debut
Before EarthBound’s title screen is a picture of some sort of small town being invaded by flying saucers. A question that comes up sometimes – and that’s currently being pondered on the Starmen.Net forums – is where, if anywhere, this image originates. Is it taken from somewhere, drawn by hand based on something, or is it all just an original creation?
For reference, here’s a look at the screen with the other things taken out:
MOTHER 3 actually had something similar – a photo of a real-life cafe/diner. It was never used in the final game, but fans dug it up:
It was easy to find out that this particular image is of the Ostrich Burgers Historic Summit Inn Cafe, but the origin of the image in EarthBound is still a mystery.
Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
Other Related Posts:
40 Comments to The Gas Station Screen Mystery
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.