EarthBound Card Game in Class
Before EarthBound’s title screen is a picture of some sort of small town being invaded by flying saucers. A question that comes up sometimes – and that’s currently being pondered on the Starmen.Net forums – is where, if anywhere, this image originates. Is it taken from somewhere, drawn by hand based on something, or is it all just an original creation?
For reference, here’s a look at the screen with the other things taken out:
MOTHER 3 actually had something similar – a photo of a real-life cafe/diner. It was never used in the final game, but fans dug it up:
It was easy to find out that this particular image is of the Ostrich Burgers Historic Summit Inn Cafe, but the origin of the image in EarthBound is still a mystery.
Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
Other Related Posts:
40 Comments to The Gas Station Screen Mystery
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic