EarthBound in 2007 GameInformer
Before EarthBound’s title screen is a picture of some sort of small town being invaded by flying saucers. A question that comes up sometimes – and that’s currently being pondered on the Starmen.Net forums – is where, if anywhere, this image originates. Is it taken from somewhere, drawn by hand based on something, or is it all just an original creation?
For reference, here’s a look at the screen with the other things taken out:
MOTHER 3 actually had something similar – a photo of a real-life cafe/diner. It was never used in the final game, but fans dug it up:
It was easy to find out that this particular image is of the Ostrich Burgers Historic Summit Inn Cafe, but the origin of the image in EarthBound is still a mystery.
Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
Other Related Posts:
40 Comments to The Gas Station Screen Mystery
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound snes + snes system with box
- BusterTheFox: I had to scroll down a lot to get to this comment box. I guess I’m not the only one who bought New Leaf. xD the game is full of...
- The Apple Kid: Lampi, wasn’t there a feature where you named a constellation and the fortune teller might mention it?
- Elise: This whole thing does remind me of a certain Pokemon episode. Thing is, Earthbound was released prior to that episode and from what I heard,...
- Sandata: Just to cover the basic fact, yes its comeing out on the Wii U.
- Benji: The Cover Makes a great wallpaper!