Lucas in Foster’s Home
Before EarthBound’s title screen is a picture of some sort of small town being invaded by flying saucers. A question that comes up sometimes – and that’s currently being pondered on the Starmen.Net forums – is where, if anywhere, this image originates. Is it taken from somewhere, drawn by hand based on something, or is it all just an original creation?
For reference, here’s a look at the screen with the other things taken out:
MOTHER 3 actually had something similar – a photo of a real-life cafe/diner. It was never used in the final game, but fans dug it up:
It was easy to find out that this particular image is of the Ostrich Burgers Historic Summit Inn Cafe, but the origin of the image in EarthBound is still a mystery.
Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
Other Related Posts:
40 Comments to The Gas Station Screen Mystery
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...