A Look at the MOTHER 2 Side
About a week and a half ago the guys at Fangamer were like, “Hey, Valentine’s Day is coming up. We should do a podcast about love sims.”
And then the discussion turned to, “Hey, we should make our own love sim.”
And then I was like, “Hey, I know how to program games.”
And after a few days of hard work by lots of folks, the game is complete! Behold: Sweet 33!
Now, why am I posting about this on an EarthBound site, you might be asking yourself. Well, as the programmer and one of the designers, it was only natural that the game ended up with lots of EarthBound influences! In the end, it’s a weird mixture of love sim, Zelda, and EarthBound. Actually, it’s interesting how much EarthBound seeps into everything I work on. I guess… that’s just how inspirational it was!
Anyway, it’s just a silly little game, but I hope people will enjoy it. You can get it here. Right now it’s Windows-only, but I’d like to make a Mac port in the near future. I just need to actually get my hands on a Mac first. (Anyone know where to get one for cheap?)
Working on this tiny game’s given me a renewed appreciation for the work that fans put into fan games and the like – I can’t imagine the amount of work that’s gone into something like the Mother 4 fangame or the fan-made Metroid 2 remake. You guys all be crazy!
(P.S. I’m a secret character in the game)
Other Related Posts:
47 Comments to Sweet 33 & EarthBound Inspirations
- Prayer For Safety: So much fad crap with collecting anymore. Forums flock to items hyped as “the next EarthBound” and EB carts are...
- KingMike: @BusterTheFox He’s Pat the NES Punk, most famous for his NES game reviews. “Completely Unnecessary Podcast” is a...
- PiePusher11: Am I the only one who would actually PREFER Mother 1?
- BusterTheFox: …I was expecting, like, a 30-minute discussion. xD But it was just the one guy talking the whole time and it ended abruptly lol.
- Raiden: Hey, Oh My, there probably will be no Mother 4 (at least not in the U.S.) so it’s totally OKAY for them to use the name. It’s...