EarthBound for the PC
About a week and a half ago the guys at Fangamer were like, “Hey, Valentine’s Day is coming up. We should do a podcast about love sims.”
And then the discussion turned to, “Hey, we should make our own love sim.”
And then I was like, “Hey, I know how to program games.”
And after a few days of hard work by lots of folks, the game is complete! Behold: Sweet 33!
Now, why am I posting about this on an EarthBound site, you might be asking yourself. Well, as the programmer and one of the designers, it was only natural that the game ended up with lots of EarthBound influences! In the end, it’s a weird mixture of love sim, Zelda, and EarthBound. Actually, it’s interesting how much EarthBound seeps into everything I work on. I guess… that’s just how inspirational it was!
Anyway, it’s just a silly little game, but I hope people will enjoy it. You can get it here. Right now it’s Windows-only, but I’d like to make a Mac port in the near future. I just need to actually get my hands on a Mac first. (Anyone know where to get one for cheap?)
Working on this tiny game’s given me a renewed appreciation for the work that fans put into fan games and the like – I can’t imagine the amount of work that’s gone into something like the Mother 4 fangame or the fan-made Metroid 2 remake. You guys all be crazy!
(P.S. I’m a secret character in the game)
Other Related Posts:
47 Comments to Sweet 33 & EarthBound Inspirations
- EpicJackman: I personally prefer the pixel version. Magicant is probably my favorite stage in the game (then again, they’re all awesome). I...
- Oniglut: For a second, I thought the article talked about the flying man being a part of the SSB4 roster. Which would have been hella cool but...
- Raiden: Wow. This game has a die hard fanbase. It might be small but it’s really strong. It kinda makes me want to play this game again.
- Anonymous: They probably haxed both of them at once to show the difference for people who haven’t played the game
- TheConfuZzledDude: I still find it a bit strange how the pixel version is right next to it. Maybe it was supposed to go 3d when you tagged it?