Play EarthBound on the Ocarina
About a week and a half ago the guys at Fangamer were like, “Hey, Valentine’s Day is coming up. We should do a podcast about love sims.”
And then the discussion turned to, “Hey, we should make our own love sim.”
And then I was like, “Hey, I know how to program games.”
And after a few days of hard work by lots of folks, the game is complete! Behold: Sweet 33!
Now, why am I posting about this on an EarthBound site, you might be asking yourself. Well, as the programmer and one of the designers, it was only natural that the game ended up with lots of EarthBound influences! In the end, it’s a weird mixture of love sim, Zelda, and EarthBound. Actually, it’s interesting how much EarthBound seeps into everything I work on. I guess… that’s just how inspirational it was!
Anyway, it’s just a silly little game, but I hope people will enjoy it. You can get it here. Right now it’s Windows-only, but I’d like to make a Mac port in the near future. I just need to actually get my hands on a Mac first. (Anyone know where to get one for cheap?)
Working on this tiny game’s given me a renewed appreciation for the work that fans put into fan games and the like – I can’t imagine the amount of work that’s gone into something like the Mother 4 fangame or the fan-made Metroid 2 remake. You guys all be crazy!
(P.S. I’m a secret character in the game)
Other Related Posts:
47 Comments to Sweet 33 & EarthBound Inspirations
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound game only & GREAT COND for Super Nintendo SNES! Mother 2
- DavemanDeluxe: That article (and the two preceding it) might be the very best writing in video game commentary I’ve ever read. It’s...
- MightyYT: [Sorry for double-posting] On another topic, how do I change my avatar here?
- MightyYT: Thanks for the shout out, Mato! With college and life stuff, I was away from it for a few years, but I’m glad to be back...
- UbaNess: Awesome! Saved every last piece of it, great work.
- TragicManner: @DJMankiewitz: So, this WAS a translation of a translation. Sort of. We DID translate from the English version, and there is a VERY...