Another Load of MOTHER
Back when I first started working on EarthBound web sites, EarthBound was a pretty obscure game and it was still that time period where people loved to hate on the graphics, lack of violence, and all that stuff. Among fans and video game enthusiasts, though, EarthBound was regularly called “underrated”.
Now things are very different. Well, some things are different, other things aren’t. But the big difference is that EarthBound is much less obscure. As a result, over the past few years I’ve been hearing many people say that the game is “overrated”.
So here’s a question for you: do you think EarthBound is indeed overrated now, or is it still underrated? Does it matter? Was it better back in the old days? Or is it better now that people know more about it?
Share your thoughts in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
99 Comments to Poll: Is EarthBound Overrated?
Featured Item on eBay:
Banpresto EARTHBOUND Mini Figure game Mother 2 official " Venus "
- Anonymous: @Lloyd Jeffney Thanks for clarifying that.
- Lloyd Jeffney: @Anonymous There wasn’t a problem with the Octopus statue, it’s just in Japan it was used for a pun that would not work...
- Chivi-chivik: It’s quite funny how Nintendo’s so old yet almost nobody knows that XD (I already knew that, that’s why I’m...
- Mother2fan: Wow, 125 years… Happy Birthday, Nintendo.
- snesdude72: It’s weird that this game and the first isn’t on the Japanese eshop. I thought they’d re-release the first game soon...