Rare EarthBound Anthology Up for Sale
Back when I first started working on EarthBound web sites, EarthBound was a pretty obscure game and it was still that time period where people loved to hate on the graphics, lack of violence, and all that stuff. Among fans and video game enthusiasts, though, EarthBound was regularly called “underrated”.
Now things are very different. Well, some things are different, other things aren’t. But the big difference is that EarthBound is much less obscure. As a result, over the past few years I’ve been hearing many people say that the game is “overrated”.
So here’s a question for you: do you think EarthBound is indeed overrated now, or is it still underrated? Does it matter? Was it better back in the old days? Or is it better now that people know more about it?
Share your thoughts in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
99 Comments to Poll: Is EarthBound Overrated?
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...