EarthBound Photo Guy Glitch
A long time back, the original MOTHER game had an official soundtrack released. Except it wasn’t music from the game – it was mostly actual studio music full of vocals and such. Most people know that this was released on a CD, but it was also released on cassette tapes!
It’s actually really hard to find the cassette versions though, so they’re one of those rare relics that serious collectors are always on the hunt for. Luckily, Travis messaged me on Facebook the other day with some pictures of a copy he found!
(The pictures were taken with a phone, so don’t mind the blurriness.)
At first I was confused because the first pic looked so much like the MOTHER Famicom box!
In all my years running EarthBound sites I haven’t seen many of these tapes for sale, so it’s really cool to finally get some pics!
Despite being super-cheesy, I have a fondness for this soundtrack. If you’ve never heard it before, give it a listen on YouTube or wherever else sometime!
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to MOTHER Soundtrack Cassette Tape
- neonix: It’s a Mr. Saturn enema bag…
- neonix: I think it only makes sense for Magicant to also be in the Wii U version. They said that exclusive stages for each game would be ones based...
- AConcernedGamer: Keep in mind that a Masterpiece does not necessarily need to begin at the time that the guest console is booting up. Super Smash...
- MysterySprite22: This is weird, but not as weird as the belly warmers. xD
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...