Weekly Round-Up #37
For years I’ve heard of a bug in MOTHER 1 that lets you keep EVE the robot permanently in your party, but I never really looked into it. Luckily, BBGangZombie’s investigated it and made a video about it!
Apparently the bug only occurs in the Famicom version of the game, not in EarthBound Zero or MOTHER 1+2.
You basically just use the Flea Bag on R7038XX, which makes it so it can’t hit hard enough to kill EVE as originally intended. There’s also a thing in the game where if a game drags on for 255+ turns, it’ll automatically say something like, “The battle dragged on.” and then end the battle. So now that the R7038XX battle will last that long, you can get kicked out of battle with EVE still alive!
After the battle ends, it still acts like EVE has exploded and lets you get the melody from EVE’s wreckage, but you’ll still have EVE in your party too. Cool!
This trick can also be used to skip losing Teddy, although that seems to result in permanent invisibility. This trick also causes other weird text and graphical glitches, which isn’t surprising – check out the dance at the Live House in the video, for example 😛
So now you know one of the secret tricks in MOTHER that only Japanese fans really knew about until now!
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to MOTHER 1 Trick: Keep EVE Permanently
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...