Fake MOTHER 3 DS Trailer
For years I’ve heard of a bug in MOTHER 1 that lets you keep EVE the robot permanently in your party, but I never really looked into it. Luckily, BBGangZombie’s investigated it and made a video about it!
Apparently the bug only occurs in the Famicom version of the game, not in EarthBound Zero or MOTHER 1+2.
You basically just use the Flea Bag on R7038XX, which makes it so it can’t hit hard enough to kill EVE as originally intended. There’s also a thing in the game where if a game drags on for 255+ turns, it’ll automatically say something like, “The battle dragged on.” and then end the battle. So now that the R7038XX battle will last that long, you can get kicked out of battle with EVE still alive!
After the battle ends, it still acts like EVE has exploded and lets you get the melody from EVE’s wreckage, but you’ll still have EVE in your party too. Cool!
This trick can also be used to skip losing Teddy, although that seems to result in permanent invisibility. This trick also causes other weird text and graphical glitches, which isn’t surprising – check out the dance at the Live House in the video, for example 😛
So now you know one of the secret tricks in MOTHER that only Japanese fans really knew about until now!
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to MOTHER 1 Trick: Keep EVE Permanently
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?