Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
One of the neat things the Starmen.Net community does is something called “Fantography”. It’s basically just taking photos of EarthBound stuff or EarthBound-inspired stuff. You can check out the entire Fantography section here.
I was curious to see if this was something Japanese fans do too… and I quickly stumbled upon this gallery of MOTHER 2-related food photos sent in by Japanese fans!
Here’s a brief look at them:
Picnic Lunch – see here for more info on the Japanese version of the Picnic Lunches!
Piggy Jelly – this is more literally “Pig Youkan”, you can read about youkan here.
Clearly some of these have had more work put into them than others, but it’s the thought that counts at least.
This reminds me, I was thinking it’d be cool to do a live playthrough of the game where everytime a character has to eat a food item, I gotta eat it in real life too. And no PSI healing allowed. I think it might be too much to stomach though 😛
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Japanese MOTHER 2 Food Gallery
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995) SNES - Authentic -
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?