MOTHER Series Music Poll
The other day I posted about a neat MOTHER 1 trick BBGangZombie found (see here), and now here’s some more! These particular tricks involve how music is loaded while walking around in MOTHER 1/EarthBound Zero:
I have another few glitches if you want to take a look—these ones aren’t as major though, and I found both of these on my own by accident so I’m sure SOMEBODY knew of these before me, but whatever.
These ones work in all versions of the game, and are both music-based. The game loads the music playing when it loads a save since music isn’t stored in the map data, allowing some save oddities.
The other one: music changing between two sections of the map is actually a sprite that you walk through. Teleportation does not activate the sprite, allowing you to drag music with you between these places!
You can see a video of these things in action here:
When I was working on my EarthBound Zero remake hack years ago, one of the unexpected issues I ran into was when you died. It threw the expected/designed-for flow of events out of order, so I quickly realized it’s something you need to keep in mind when designing event-driven games. The first music issue here is an example of that, although it’s not a big deal in this case. It’s nothing compared to what you can do in Final Fantasy III/VI, anyway
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to EarthBound Zero Music Glitches
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
SNES Earthbound With GUIDE No Box Great Condition Super Nintendo RARE!
- Kaabii: I got King DeDeDe to play it… and he’s stuck on Giygas, LOL.
- Kaabii: I like “TO BE CONTINUED…” better because it hints at MOTHER 3′s events…
- Kaabii: I’ve been wanting a code like this for over 10 years… Thanks!
- DJMankiewicz: Yes, er, that is what was said above… Sometimes I see these weird responses that are just quotes of someone else’s post...
- BusterTheFox: Man, talk about getting logged out all the time, this time even my username got erased. O_O That’s me up there… as...