Shigesato Itoi’s Latest Interview, Fully Translated!
Once a month I update the EarthBound price info on buyearthbound.com by hand so fans can get the best deals and avoid over-spending. Here’s the latest price info from last month:
- EarthBound cart: $189 (down from $190, lowest: $90.00 / highest: $249.95)
- EarthBound guide: $103 (up from $82, lowest: $50.00) / highest: $108.50)
- EarthBound complete set: $626 (down from $729, lowest: $360.01 / highest: $1750.00)
The price fluctuations this past month were on par with what I was expecting – since it’s not the holiday season anymore there weren’t any major jumps. But with the recent news and reaction to MOTHER 2 being released on the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console, it looks like prices started to climb a bit over the past week. I guess we’ll see how that plays out through February. Hopefully all the worries will be unwarranted and EarthBound will get released on the Virtual Console eventually so fans don’t have to pay $200 to play the game legally.
Bonus Activity: for fun, compare the prices above with this time last year!
Actually, all the hubbub around EarthBound lately has resulted in lots of weird stuff showing up on eBay too. For example:
- What is this even selling? It smells scammy
- Maybe this seller just doesn’t know how to take good pictures?
- The title and picture of this probably made so many people’s eyesballs pop out at first
As always, check out buyearthbound.com if you’re thinking of buying a copy of EarthBound or the guide – it’ll probably save you tons of money! Seriously, compare the cheapest prices to the most expensive prices up above! Don’t throw your money away! Exclamation!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to EarthBound Price Update (Feb 2013)
- Chivi-chivik: Didn’t expect Splatoon to go first, honestly (>ヮ<)
- Leeaux: This is cool. Man it must have taken forever for him to do all these though. Geez! Bless you Tomato! This is all I have while I wait on...
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...