MOTHER 2 Commercials Recreated
Once a month I update the EarthBound price info on buyearthbound.com by hand so fans can get the best deals and avoid over-spending. Here’s the latest price info from last month:
- EarthBound cart: $189 (down from $190, lowest: $90.00 / highest: $249.95)
- EarthBound guide: $103 (up from $82, lowest: $50.00) / highest: $108.50)
- EarthBound complete set: $626 (down from $729, lowest: $360.01 / highest: $1750.00)
The price fluctuations this past month were on par with what I was expecting – since it’s not the holiday season anymore there weren’t any major jumps. But with the recent news and reaction to MOTHER 2 being released on the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console, it looks like prices started to climb a bit over the past week. I guess we’ll see how that plays out through February. Hopefully all the worries will be unwarranted and EarthBound will get released on the Virtual Console eventually so fans don’t have to pay $200 to play the game legally.
Bonus Activity: for fun, compare the prices above with this time last year!
Actually, all the hubbub around EarthBound lately has resulted in lots of weird stuff showing up on eBay too. For example:
- What is this even selling? It smells scammy
- Maybe this seller just doesn’t know how to take good pictures?
- The title and picture of this probably made so many people’s eyesballs pop out at first
As always, check out buyearthbound.com if you’re thinking of buying a copy of EarthBound or the guide – it’ll probably save you tons of money! Seriously, compare the cheapest prices to the most expensive prices up above! Don’t throw your money away! Exclamation!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to EarthBound Price Update (Feb 2013)
Featured Item on eBay:
RARE Near Mint EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995)
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...