EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE

February 1st, 2013 | Auctions, EarthBound

Once a month I update the EarthBound price info on buyearthbound.com by hand so fans can get the best deals and avoid over-spending. Here’s the latest price info from last month:

Average Prices:

• EarthBound cart: $189 (down from $190, lowest: $90.00 / highest: $249.95)
  • EarthBound guide: $103 (up from $82, lowest: $50.00) / highest: $108.50)
  • EarthBound complete set: $626 (down from $729, lowest: $360.01 / highest: $1750.00)

The price fluctuations this past month were on par with what I was expecting – since it’s not the holiday season anymore there weren’t any major jumps. But with the recent news and reaction to MOTHER 2 being released on the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console, it looks like prices started to climb a bit over the past week. I guess we’ll see how that plays out through February. Hopefully all the worries will be unwarranted and EarthBound will get released on the Virtual Console eventually so fans don’t have to pay $200 to play the game legally.

Bonus Activity: for fun, compare the prices above with this time last year!

Actually, all the hubbub around EarthBound lately has resulted in lots of weird stuff showing up on eBay too. For example:

As always, check out buyearthbound.com if you’re thinking of buying a copy of EarthBound or the guide – it’ll probably save you tons of money! Seriously, compare the cheapest prices to the most expensive prices up above! Don’t throw your money away! Exclamation!

9 Comments to EarthBound Price Update (Feb 2013)

PSIpunky said on Feb. 1, 2013

Yikes… prices are still high enough, a cart alone now costs above 150!

A US release for Earthbound would certainly decrease these folks from over charging…

Douglas Vieira said on Feb. 1, 2013

I don’t believe I didn’t see that one for $90… =/

Pigmask Private said on Feb. 1, 2013

Man I remember when 90 was way too much for the game. :/

Also I highly doubt another release would lower the going price on ebay. Collectors will always want the original. Chrono Trigger has been re-released several times and it’s still climbing in value last I checked.

Apple Kid said on Feb. 1, 2013

Talking about scams, an English Mother 3 is in the ebay box on the top right of EBC.

Saturnome said on Feb. 1, 2013

Is it me or vintage video games as a whole are pricier than last year?

Anibro said on Feb. 2, 2013

BIG LOL from those three you linked to. The first one is genuinely confusing and the last two MUST be messing with people on purpose.

Anonymous said on Feb. 7, 2013

Price should go down. Sell while you can.

Anonymous said on Feb. 7, 2013

I just got ahold of a Super Famicom Mother 2 Perfect Condition, instructions box ect for $50Can. Wondering if that was a good deal. I kinda just stopped, gazed and bought without thinking. 😀