December’s MOTHER 2 Figures
Popular Posts:None found
For the past couple of months I’ve been reporting on the official MOTHER 2 iPhone 5 case that Shigesato Itoi’s company released in Japan. Well, a fan outside of Japan recently imported it and here’s the report!
So, I got my Mother 2 case in today direct from Chiba. It cost me $38 and it took a few days to get here, but it was well worth it. It actually only took about 4 days to get here, which isn’t bad really. The case is very smooth and has a nice glossy sheen to it.
I don’t know if anyone has done a thread on this yet. My bad if this is a repost.
Anyway, If anyone was thinking of getting it and was worried about importing it, I had no problems. Google Chrome was able to translate well enough to navigate Itoi’s website. So go for it if you have the spare cash!
The packaging was rather plain. It wasn’t really Mother related. Although the bag it was packaged/wrapped in was rather cool and I plan on keeping it. You can see it in the background. It reads:
HOBO (Then a silhouette of the cartoon with the big ears)
Whatever that means. I’m out of the loop these days.
Anyways, yeah. Very awesome.
This comes from a forum post on Starmen.Net, which you can see here.
It’s still such a strange feeling to see such an old game being connected to such a modern gadget like this. It’s the same feeling I’d get if I saw a black-and-white HD TV or something 😛
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to A Look at the MOTHER 2 iPhone Case
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.