Mr. Saturn Says, “This is a test.”
For the past couple of months I’ve been reporting on the official MOTHER 2 iPhone 5 case that Shigesato Itoi’s company released in Japan. Well, a fan outside of Japan recently imported it and here’s the report!
So, I got my Mother 2 case in today direct from Chiba. It cost me $38 and it took a few days to get here, but it was well worth it. It actually only took about 4 days to get here, which isn’t bad really. The case is very smooth and has a nice glossy sheen to it.
I don’t know if anyone has done a thread on this yet. My bad if this is a repost.
Anyway, If anyone was thinking of getting it and was worried about importing it, I had no problems. Google Chrome was able to translate well enough to navigate Itoi’s website. So go for it if you have the spare cash!
The packaging was rather plain. It wasn’t really Mother related. Although the bag it was packaged/wrapped in was rather cool and I plan on keeping it. You can see it in the background. It reads:
HOBO (Then a silhouette of the cartoon with the big ears)
Whatever that means. I’m out of the loop these days.
Anyways, yeah. Very awesome.
This comes from a forum post on Starmen.Net, which you can see here.
It’s still such a strange feeling to see such an old game being connected to such a modern gadget like this. It’s the same feeling I’d get if I saw a black-and-white HD TV or something 😛
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to A Look at the MOTHER 2 iPhone Case
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...