January 21st, 2013 | Fan Games, MOTHER 3, Videos

A few days ago I posted about how the Ultimate Chimera Hunt game mode for Garry’s Mod was back in action (see hee).

Now that it’s back up and running it’s gained a lot of attention, especially thanks to some popular YouTube players. Here they are playing Ultimate Chimera Hunt for the very first time, with no MOTHER series knowledge or experience at all. As you can see, they have a ton of fun with it!

(Warning: there is plenty of swearing and other offensive stuff in case you’re not into that sort of thing)

Now, the first reaction a lot of people might have is, “These guys suck! They don’t know MOTHER stuff at all and they’re jerks!” It’s just the opposite for me though – it’s great seeing how much fun they’re having and how impressed they are with the world of MOTHER 3 and how rich everything is with character.

I also think it’s really cool how fan-made creations like Ultimate Chimera Hunt can spread awareness of the MOTHER series; this video alone has nearly 400,000 views and has caused membership in the UCH community to skyrocket in the past few days!

It’s always great seeing fan communities interact like this, and I can’t wait to see what other interesting, creativity-oozing stuff MOTHER fans can make in the future :D

Oh yeah, join the Ultimate Chimera Hunt community here!

20 Comments to Ultimate Chimera Hunt Takes Off

Mel said on Jan. 21, 2013

I always wanted to try this so much, but I don’t know how I’d go about getting it.

Mato said on Jan. 21, 2013

Maybe in the next day or two I’ll make a post of its own explaining how to get it and get everything working. I never really knew much about it either until I recently met the people who’ve been running the UCH community/made a bunch of the maps used in it.

Satsy said on Jan. 21, 2013

That was amazing. ;) Even if they don’t get into the series, I do hope they’ll do more of these videos. They’re brilliant.

The levels are wonderfully done, too! A lot of love and detail went into those designs.

Mato said on Jan. 21, 2013

Actually, they DID do a couple more videos of this. So I’ve updated this post with a playlist that contains them all rather than just the first video.

DelectaBit said on Jan. 21, 2013

These videos are so entertaining! The last time I saw a UCH video was a year or two ago, it definitely looks like the game has gotten better since then!

Opinionated Vector Chimera said on Jan. 21, 2013

I think I watched an old video of this about 6 months ago. It’s cool that people are spreading awareness of the MOTHER series.

Although the user who posted the video doesn’t know what the mod is based off of!

M3FTW said on Jan. 21, 2013

I might mention that Scythed’s server has a bad consistency with staying up, especially recently. It also seems that the version they’re using tends to crash a lot, and have a slew of problems. On top of this, Mac of GMod Tower has had a build up for GM13 which he’s constantly improving, is on a stable server, and has some balancing fixes, like a Mr. Saturn projectile for stalemates.

Not meaning to sound contrary, but merely point others to another, more stable community, if you can’t happen to access that community’s servers.

Happy Trails!

DJMankiwitz said on Jan. 21, 2013

Listening to those people is hilarious. The basic concept is pretty unique. One addition to the game would be adding ways to set up obstacles, some interactive environment stuff. Maybe the pigs set up a bomb to bring down a building on top of the chimera. Source now has code for environment destruction, so it’s possible. Nets, things like that. None of those things would actually kill the chimera, just slow it down. Mind you, that may give the pigs too much of an advantage, so they’d need to make the chimera even tougher as a result.

Mr Hargett said on Jan. 21, 2013

I’ll say it again, this NEEDS to be a game on the Nintendo eShop for WiiU, where the Chimera is the guy with the Gamepad and the runners are using Wiimotes.

Mato said on Jan. 21, 2013

I wonder if besides trying to kill each other, there could be another “side” added, like a main party character (Lucas, Ness, etc.) that the Pigmasks could try to catch while also avoiding the Chimera, who’s just out to chomp everyone. And said main characters might have special abilities of their own (PK Teleport? I dunno). And maybe the Lucas/Ness/whoever could put on fake Pigmask outfits sometimes to trick other players.

I’m sure there’s a lot more potential there but I haven’t played the game enough to really say much.

jinxkatty7 said on Jan. 21, 2013

Sweet, on my birthday! Now if I can just figure out how to play this. It looks fun!

RandomGuardian said on Jan. 21, 2013

“why are the pockets so big”
So much detail! XD I can’t wait to redownload this!

Ostricho said on Jan. 21, 2013

The fact that you can’t do anything in the limo is spot-on to the game!

Esper said on Jan. 22, 2013

Wow! Talk about MOTHER publicity alright!

It’s the HIGHEST RATED gamemode on GMod!

Ronald said on Feb. 23, 2013

I watched the first 8 videos, which are all the videos uploaded into the playlist by the time I’m writing. They made me laugh so hard for the first time in weeks. I think their lack of knowledge in the Mother series made it more hilarious, how they try to understand whats going in the game.

nhhh said on Mar. 7, 2013

Who are the guys in the vid. Im looking this up on my 3DS but cant recieve videos. I have a hunch that they are UberHaxorNova, ImmortalHDFilms, and GoldenBlackHawk(Kevin), but I kinda doubt it.

PokéChiller said on Mar. 7, 2013

Same here, hlep plaese

☆Starman★ said on Mar. 7, 2013

This game needs new maps, some items, new ranks, and buffs for the Chimera when playing with 30+ people. (P.S., block the spammer.)

Sara11011 said on Oct. 18, 2013

I like bereghost

Sara11011 said on Oct. 18, 2013

I like cats and snapple she is so funny!!!!!!!!¡¡$¡!¡!?7$;$,!;!&,)

):(:):(:):(:?:??:!&$$!$£$$$$$!$!!$!!!!!!$$$$$$$@@@@@@@