Poll: Playing in Japanese
Two of the most insanely skilled EarthBound hackers have teamed up to create a short holiday-themed hack, released just yesterday! It’s called Holiday Hex and features all-new content, including new music by Reg!
On the PK Hack forums, the hack is described as so:
Which one is better, Christmas or Easter? Are Christmas trees disgusting? Why is it Christmas Eve today, I thought that was yesterday? Holiday Hex answers all these questions in an action-packed knock-your-socks-off I-need-to-sit-down kind of way.
You take the roles of Tina and Kyle, two best friends who love Christmas. And now it’s up to them to save Christmas. I wonder what will happen next.
What we have here is an EarthBound ROM hack, meaning it’s an entirely new game being played in EarthBound’s original engine! Brought to you by H.S and Mr. Tenda, two of the self-proclaimed greatest names in PK Hack, this hack delivers all-new characters, all-new text, all-new maps, and even some all-new music by Reg! Cool, huh?
For instructions on how to play the game, be sure to read the readme.txt inside the zip. If you can’t figure it out, ask me or H.S for help and we will help you!
Here is the relevant link:
- Holiday Hex forum thread (download the latest version of the hack from here)
I haven’t had time yet to play this hack myself, but these guys have serious skills and are responsible for some of the amazing new EarthBound hacking tools/hacks released in the last few years. It’s almost like a dream time of EarthBound hacking, I guess you could say!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to New EarthBound Hack: Holiday Hex
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER2 GEPPU BLUE mini figure strap Takara Japan
- Lucas: Even EarthBound HD Collection(Zero,EarthBound,2) may see light of a day only to Wii U.
- dragonwarriorquestsagain: This is really neat.
- Chivi-chivik: Holy shit, their computer must have a shitload of Gigs of RAM! I’d love to go through there!!!
- game4brains: I believe that his blue skin was a result of improper protection when he traveled to the Cave of the Past. This justifies why he...
- Viridi: They seem to have the most trouble with menues