Jazzy EarthBound Remix
The folks working on the MOTHER remake hack have finished all the map work for the outdoors areas! Here’s a look at the map of maps:
All of the locations and rooms in EarthBound are actually stored as one giant map, which is why you see all of these MOTHER 1/EarthBound Zero maps arranged this way. Later, a lot of the blank areas will be filled with indoor maps, like the insides of houses, buildings, dungeons, and the like.
This is actually a huge step in the project – maps were like THE biggest hurdle when I attempted an EarthBound Zero remake hack years ago. I wound up shelving the project when the buggy map editors kept corrupting everything:
There’s still a ton of work left to be done, so I wouldn’t expect this remake hack to get done for another year or two at least (that’s just my prediction, I’m not involved with the project). But man, oh, man, I can’t wait to see all the pieces coming together quicker and quicker now 😀
If you want to keep up with more detailed progress of the project, keep an eye on this forum thread!
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to MOTHER Remake Hack Overworld Finished
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...