Ultimate Chimera Shirt Restocked
The folks working on the MOTHER remake hack have finished all the map work for the outdoors areas! Here’s a look at the map of maps:
All of the locations and rooms in EarthBound are actually stored as one giant map, which is why you see all of these MOTHER 1/EarthBound Zero maps arranged this way. Later, a lot of the blank areas will be filled with indoor maps, like the insides of houses, buildings, dungeons, and the like.
This is actually a huge step in the project – maps were like THE biggest hurdle when I attempted an EarthBound Zero remake hack years ago. I wound up shelving the project when the buggy map editors kept corrupting everything:
There’s still a ton of work left to be done, so I wouldn’t expect this remake hack to get done for another year or two at least (that’s just my prediction, I’m not involved with the project). But man, oh, man, I can’t wait to see all the pieces coming together quicker and quicker now 😀
If you want to keep up with more detailed progress of the project, keep an eye on this forum thread!
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to MOTHER Remake Hack Overworld Finished
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?