January 13th, 2013 | EarthBound, Itoi, Merchandise

mother2iphonecase

Over the past month or two I’ve posted about how a new MOTHER 2-themed iPhone 5 case was being planned for release on Shigesato Itoi’s company store. Well, now it’s out, so if you have an iPhone 5 and are in need of a case, here you go:

Again, this case only fits the iPhone 5 – if you have anything else it won’t fit your phone 🙁

Also, as a bit of neat trivia, these (and other cases) were on sale at Itoi’s physical store between December 20th and 25th. The thing is, though, is that the MOTHER 2 cases sold during this time accidentally had the copyright/credit information left off of the sides:

Mother2_credit

So the official site is saying that if you bought one of these, you can return it for a refund or exchange it for a case with the copyright info on it. I wonder if anyone will actually bother with that though.

17 Comments to MOTHER 2 iPhone 5 Case Out

Poe said on Jan. 13, 2013

ULTRA RARE MISPRINT MOTHER 2 IPHONE 5 CASE WITH MISSING COPYRIGHT INFORMATION: $100,000 BUY-IT-NOW!!!

But seriously, I’m glad to see that case in his store. Now if only he’ll make a MOTHER-themed techo cover for next year! 🙂

Christie said on Jan. 13, 2013

^ Haha, I was just thinking that same thing about the rare iPhone case. Gotta love MOTHER fans.

flintsdoorknob said on Jan. 13, 2013

I kind of wish I had an iPhone 5. Well not really, but it’s a nice case.

It’s no surprise Itoi was a t-shirt designer.

PK Rockin said on Jan. 13, 2013

I have a 5th gen iPod Touch. I really want that case, but it won’t fit my iPod.

naja said on Jan. 13, 2013

2,500? god damn that’s expensive.

Jeff said on Jan. 13, 2013

I don’t have an iPhone, but I do like the design. The Copyright notice seems to detract from the cleanliness, though.

At least in the US, it’s also unnecessary, since copyright is automatic and instantaneous. I think under the Berne Convention, it should be the same in Japan, but don’t quote me.

Mariotti said on Jan. 13, 2013

COOL! I can’t wait till’ my one get’s here!

SupraMedical68 said on Jan. 14, 2013

I’ll probably just stick with a Otterbox case, I’d consider buying one if it was close to the 2500 yen price. I wouldn’t pay a huge mark up on one though.

BusterTheFox said on Jan. 15, 2013

This kinda kills me because I got an iPhone 4 literally YESTERDAY. I had been wanting an iPhone 5, but I got this one for a huge discount thanks to a free upgrade thingy my wireless provider does (to get you into a 2-year contract, but whatever). I’m loving it so far, but I guess I’ll have to live without Siri, Retina Display, higher specs and MOTHER cases. I wonder just how powerful the iPhone 5 IS, anyway? my iPhone 4 seems like it’s got a surprising amount of power in it…

Mato said on Jan. 15, 2013

I got a 4S just last month too so I’m in the same boat. The 4S has been more than enough for me though, so I’m in no hurry to get to the 5.

JohnOpencho said on Jan. 15, 2013

I want this for my iPhone 5…However, I don’t think you can get it imported from this site to the US…or can you?

Mato said on Jan. 15, 2013

I check the store’s FAQ and it says they’ll ship overseas.

Sam said on Jan. 15, 2013

@Poe

Bingo!

Queue said on Jan. 15, 2013

I just bought one! I was so pumped when I found out about this case. Hopefully it gets here ok. It’s a good thing Chrome can translate decently enough or I never would have navigated that, lol.

Anonymous said on Jan. 16, 2013

what was the total with shipping to the us?

Queue said on Jan. 16, 2013

It came to ¥2,880 total with taxes and whatnot. I don’t know the direct conversion but it’s somewhere under $30.

Queue said on Jan. 16, 2013

Actually, I just checked my Chase account and it’s showing that it came to $32.62. They may have had to throw on some extra from international shipping.