A Look at the MOTHER 2 Miiverse
Recently someone asked if there’s a code to keep Buzz Buzz in your party. This is really simple to do if you know EarthBound hacking, so I made a Game Genie code for it:
After you leave Pokey’s house after Buzz Buzz’s death… you’ll still have Buzz Buzz with you!
Note: This code will work with most EarthBound ROMs out there, but for some headerless ROMs it won’t work. This probably won’t work on an actual cartridge either, but since I don’t have a Super NES Game Genie I can’t test it out.
I actually spent upwards of an hour trying to figure out how to make a code work for headerless ROMs/the actual cartridge, but with no luck. If any skilled hackers out there have free time, can you try and convert this to work with a headerless ROM? Basically the code changes the sequence [05 14 00 05 12 00] to [05 14 00 05 14 00]. I thought it’d be a snap to convert the code, but no luck…
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to Keeping Buzz Buzz
Leave a reply
- broomweed: Wow, thanks everyone for this support! @NESter, yes, it has terrible music (although I like its text display better), but Opinionated...
- 64RR: Mother actually inspired me to start learning more history and culture. I’ve come to know so much because of this one little game...
- Mato: Gotta catch ‘em all! (all the kanji I mean)
- CrouchingMouse: Finding Starmen.net and your Mother 3 translation, Tomato (among some other advice you wrote about studying Japanese) certainly set...
- CoolHandTim: That was pretty rad! I love this version too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9Dq5nzDrv9k