EarthBound Spotted in the Wild
January 17th, 2013 | Itoi
Just a minute ago, Itoi posted another Tweet, which translates to:
Concerning the MOTHER revival… I haven’t forgotten about it, of course. Don’t worry, it’s making progress.
Thanks to KingDarian for alerting me!
UPDATE! He’s still talking!
I’ve actually been wanting to play MOTHER too. Running into Belch, taking in the Runaway Five’s shows, getting sick in Moonside, visiting Tenda Village, enjoying the resort life in Summers. And, at the very end… that. I want to spend time doing all that.
Another update! This time he replies to @m0ther3:
Please hurry and make a new game! I’m (earnestly) looking forward to one!!!!!
And Itoi replied with:
I’m really sorry, but it’s not going to happen. Maybe someone will make it someday.
Another update – I forgot to mention that Itoi retweeted an English tweet directed at him:
You have the full support of Western fans for MOTHER, Itoi-San.
Itoi retweeted this and replied in English with, “Thanks!“
Other Related Posts:
93 Comments to Itoi Mentions MOTHER Revival Again
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues