EB Zero Remake Demo Video
Having played so much EarthBound I’m perfectly fine with its control scheme, but I do remember at the time that things felt a little odd. I guess I wasn’t the only one, because master EarthBound hacker Penguin has released a small patch that changes EarthBound’s menu controls and such a bit!
Here’s how the patch is described:
Say goodbye to navigating through dozens of menus just to talk to your mom!
- A button is now the Magical Interaction Button. It will interact with whatever you’re facing.
- X button is now the menu button. You’ll see the same menu displayed above.
- Y Button is now the map button.
- Interacting with something you cannot interact with will no longer produce a “No problem here.” dialog.
- Text references to the map button have been changed to be more accurate.
To use, simply apply the appropriate patch to your rom.
- If your rom is 3,145,728 bytes (unheadered), apply eb-newcontrols.ips.
- If your rom is 3,146,240 bytes (headered), apply eb-newcontrols-headered.ips.
For any other size… you’re on your own.
You can get the latest patch here!
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to EarthBound with New Controls
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...