Another Look at EarthBound
Having played so much EarthBound I’m perfectly fine with its control scheme, but I do remember at the time that things felt a little odd. I guess I wasn’t the only one, because master EarthBound hacker Penguin has released a small patch that changes EarthBound’s menu controls and such a bit!
Here’s how the patch is described:
Say goodbye to navigating through dozens of menus just to talk to your mom!
- A button is now the Magical Interaction Button. It will interact with whatever you’re facing.
- X button is now the menu button. You’ll see the same menu displayed above.
- Y Button is now the map button.
- Interacting with something you cannot interact with will no longer produce a “No problem here.” dialog.
- Text references to the map button have been changed to be more accurate.
To use, simply apply the appropriate patch to your rom.
- If your rom is 3,145,728 bytes (unheadered), apply eb-newcontrols.ips.
- If your rom is 3,146,240 bytes (headered), apply eb-newcontrols-headered.ips.
For any other size… you’re on your own.
You can get the latest patch here!
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to EarthBound with New Controls
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.