MOTHER 1+2 Walking Bug?
Having played so much EarthBound I’m perfectly fine with its control scheme, but I do remember at the time that things felt a little odd. I guess I wasn’t the only one, because master EarthBound hacker Penguin has released a small patch that changes EarthBound’s menu controls and such a bit!
Here’s how the patch is described:
Say goodbye to navigating through dozens of menus just to talk to your mom!
- A button is now the Magical Interaction Button. It will interact with whatever you’re facing.
- X button is now the menu button. You’ll see the same menu displayed above.
- Y Button is now the map button.
- Interacting with something you cannot interact with will no longer produce a “No problem here.” dialog.
- Text references to the map button have been changed to be more accurate.
To use, simply apply the appropriate patch to your rom.
- If your rom is 3,145,728 bytes (unheadered), apply eb-newcontrols.ips.
- If your rom is 3,146,240 bytes (headered), apply eb-newcontrols-headered.ips.
For any other size… you’re on your own.
You can get the latest patch here!
Other Related Posts:
19 Comments to EarthBound with New Controls
Leave a reply
- Vukadin: @KingOfSwords Thank you good sir, at least I know that I’m not the only one.
- johnr754: @Tente; Maybe it’s because the Japanese prefer minor change over major change. For example, Super Mario 64 did not do as well as...
- KingOfSwords: I feel just the same way, Vukadin.
- PK Derp: I know it’s late but that’s Ni no Kuni. Although, I don’t recognise the first Earthbound-y picture.
- Mato: I updated this post with some more info. Right now I think it’ll be better to hold off for a bit but I plan to release a new patch...