Prof. Sakamoto & Hyadain Hobonichi Concert
Having played so much EarthBound I’m perfectly fine with its control scheme, but I do remember at the time that things felt a little odd. I guess I wasn’t the only one, because master EarthBound hacker Penguin has released a small patch that changes EarthBound’s menu controls and such a bit!
Here’s how the patch is described:
Say goodbye to navigating through dozens of menus just to talk to your mom!
- A button is now the Magical Interaction Button. It will interact with whatever you’re facing.
- X button is now the menu button. You’ll see the same menu displayed above.
- Y Button is now the map button.
- Interacting with something you cannot interact with will no longer produce a “No problem here.” dialog.
- Text references to the map button have been changed to be more accurate.
To use, simply apply the appropriate patch to your rom.
- If your rom is 3,145,728 bytes (unheadered), apply eb-newcontrols.ips.
- If your rom is 3,146,240 bytes (headered), apply eb-newcontrols-headered.ips.
For any other size… you’re on your own.
You can get the latest patch here!
Other Related Posts:
20 Comments to EarthBound with New Controls
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...