EarthBound Price Update (May 2015)
Once a month I manually update the EarthBound price info on buyearthbound.com so fans can get good deals and avoid spending too much money. Here are the latest prices:
- EarthBound cart: $190 (up from $180, lowest: $108.50 / highest: $279.95)
- EarthBound guide: $82 (down from $97, lowest: $38.99) / highest: $169.95)
- EarthBound complete set: $729 (up from $615, lowest: $229.99 / highest: $2028.39)
As expected, the game prices went up quite a bit during the holiday season. In fact, the cheapest cart-only one on there was for $108.50 and it wasn’t even a working cartridge! And then there was weird Japanese/English/PAL hybrid chimera cart thing which I didn’t include in my count but it made me go, “WTF?”
Anyway, since I started buyearthbound.com a little over a year ago I thought it would be interesting to take a look at how the prices have changed over the past 12 or 13 months. Here are graphs!
As you can see, the game prices tend to rise in general no matter what, but the price increase is slowest during the summer/late summer months. This doesn’t mean to wait until after the holidays to buy though – as things are now, waiting will mean it’ll cost you MORE.
I’m actually hoping that the recent announcement by Shigesato Itoi will result in some sort of re-release in English, which will mean the end of super crazy EarthBound prices. But knowing the history of the franchise, I’m not going to get my hopes up yet 😐
Anyway, as always, check out buyearthbound.com if you’re thinking of buying a copy of EarthBound or the guide – it’ll probably save you a lot of money!
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to EarthBound Price Update (Jan 2013)
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.