EarthBound Zero Easy Patch
Once a month I manually update the EarthBound price info on buyearthbound.com so fans can get good deals and avoid spending too much money. Here are the latest prices:
- EarthBound cart: $190 (up from $180, lowest: $108.50 / highest: $279.95)
- EarthBound guide: $82 (down from $97, lowest: $38.99) / highest: $169.95)
- EarthBound complete set: $729 (up from $615, lowest: $229.99 / highest: $2028.39)
As expected, the game prices went up quite a bit during the holiday season. In fact, the cheapest cart-only one on there was for $108.50 and it wasn’t even a working cartridge! And then there was weird Japanese/English/PAL hybrid chimera cart thing which I didn’t include in my count but it made me go, “WTF?”
Anyway, since I started buyearthbound.com a little over a year ago I thought it would be interesting to take a look at how the prices have changed over the past 12 or 13 months. Here are graphs!
As you can see, the game prices tend to rise in general no matter what, but the price increase is slowest during the summer/late summer months. This doesn’t mean to wait until after the holidays to buy though – as things are now, waiting will mean it’ll cost you MORE.
I’m actually hoping that the recent announcement by Shigesato Itoi will result in some sort of re-release in English, which will mean the end of super crazy EarthBound prices. But knowing the history of the franchise, I’m not going to get my hopes up yet 😐
Anyway, as always, check out buyearthbound.com if you’re thinking of buying a copy of EarthBound or the guide – it’ll probably save you a lot of money!
Other Related Posts:
7 Comments to EarthBound Price Update (Jan 2013)
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...