Itoi, Iwata, and Old MOTHER 3
I’ll post details in a bit, but MOTHER 2 is going to be on the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console beginning March 20th. What’s more, to celebrate the Famicom’s 30th anniversary, it’ll only cost 30 yen between March 20th and April 18th.
More details in a bit as I read through everything!
Also, starting March 20th, Itoi himself will make an appearance in the MOTHER 2 Miiverse community and talk about his memories of working on MOTHER 2 19 years ago.
I don’t have time this morning to do a full translation of Itoi’s post on the Nintendo site, but here’s a quick summary for now.
Check out Chewy’s full translation of Itoi’s message here!
It seems the Japanese version of the Nintendo Direct announcement and the North American version had all the same games… except the North American version didn’t have EarthBound. This is just what I’m hearing – I can’t confirm this because I can’t get them to play properly on this computer.
Itoi and the Nintendo page refer to this as a “revival festival”, so it’s pretty clear this is the “revival” Itoi mentioned a few days ago and the “republication” he mentioned last month.
Other Related Posts:
210 Comments to MOTHER 2 on Japanese Virtual Console March 20th
Featured Item on eBay:
Banpresto EARTHBOUND Mini Figure game Mother 2 official " Venus "
- Raiden: @FireFlyMelody Well I’m gonna say this has gone way off subject. It was about Eagleland but it turned into Mother 4. An argument...
- Esper: Mother 2 actually popped into my head first. Pokey, Giygas, Starmen, and all the sanctuary bosses are so memorable.
- Esper: @doclight Because it’s being made with RPG Maker 2003, a program the creator is very skilled in. RM2k3 does support mp3s, but midis...
- FireflyMelody: Agreed. Although Slimy Little Piles could possibly qualify… Ore the Plague Rat of Doom… Still fits best with M3.
- BusterTheFox: Am I the only one who immediately thought he was talking about Mother 3? I didn’t even think about the other ones until Mato...