EarthBound Interviews, Part 1
I’ll post details in a bit, but MOTHER 2 is going to be on the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console beginning March 20th. What’s more, to celebrate the Famicom’s 30th anniversary, it’ll only cost 30 yen between March 20th and April 18th.
More details in a bit as I read through everything!
Also, starting March 20th, Itoi himself will make an appearance in the MOTHER 2 Miiverse community and talk about his memories of working on MOTHER 2 19 years ago.
I don’t have time this morning to do a full translation of Itoi’s post on the Nintendo site, but here’s a quick summary for now.
Check out Chewy’s full translation of Itoi’s message here!
It seems the Japanese version of the Nintendo Direct announcement and the North American version had all the same games… except the North American version didn’t have EarthBound. This is just what I’m hearing – I can’t confirm this because I can’t get them to play properly on this computer.
Itoi and the Nintendo page refer to this as a “revival festival”, so it’s pretty clear this is the “revival” Itoi mentioned a few days ago and the “republication” he mentioned last month.
Other Related Posts:
210 Comments to MOTHER 2 on Japanese Virtual Console March 20th
- Anonymous: You’re making assumptions slanted by your pessimism surrounding the game, to a degree where you fallaciously metamorphosed what I...
- Oh My: Yes, it made sense for them to take advantage of Google results by calling it Mother 4, thereby granting them more interest from the Mother...
- Anonymous: “You’ve basically admitted that the developers named it that specifically for advertising purposes.” – Oh my “I...
- Oh My: I don’t see the problem. We’re arguing civilly. We’re not calling each other names or anything. It was your decision to...
- Some Guy: I have to agree with PSIPumpkin. Let’s move on.