M3 Translation in Hardcore Gamer
I’ll post details in a bit, but MOTHER 2 is going to be on the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console beginning March 20th. What’s more, to celebrate the Famicom’s 30th anniversary, it’ll only cost 30 yen between March 20th and April 18th.
More details in a bit as I read through everything!
Also, starting March 20th, Itoi himself will make an appearance in the MOTHER 2 Miiverse community and talk about his memories of working on MOTHER 2 19 years ago.
I don’t have time this morning to do a full translation of Itoi’s post on the Nintendo site, but here’s a quick summary for now.
Check out Chewy’s full translation of Itoi’s message here!
It seems the Japanese version of the Nintendo Direct announcement and the North American version had all the same games… except the North American version didn’t have EarthBound. This is just what I’m hearing – I can’t confirm this because I can’t get them to play properly on this computer.
Itoi and the Nintendo page refer to this as a “revival festival”, so it’s pretty clear this is the “revival” Itoi mentioned a few days ago and the “republication” he mentioned last month.
Other Related Posts:
210 Comments to MOTHER 2 on Japanese Virtual Console March 20th
Featured Item on eBay:
New Nintendo EarthBound 2 Mother 2 Ness Paula Jeff Poo Mr Saturn Keychain
- anon: I hope they add a 3D flying man to the game somehow, even as a trophy. It’s really cool to see Earthbound characters that were only...
- Mato: (After removing a number of comments) Okay, this is turning into a silly argument that’s unrelated to the topic at hand, so I’ll...
- JRokujuushi: Did three people seriously criticize his use of “it’s” when it was used correctly? If we substitute the words in...
- wvlfpvp: NekoKnight: It’s a username. Spelling is how you freaking want it to be. I replaced vowels with the consonant “v”...
- Anonymous: ^the final translation patch sounds fine, though. You always go on and on about how awkward it sounds, but it’s really not as bad...