Looking Back at MOTHER 3
Lately there’s been some rumblings in Japan of building up an army again, which has lots of people there worried, of course. As a result, an old anti-war ad by Shigesato Itoi from the 80s has been making the rounds on Japanese sites again in this new context:
It says: “After you, Prime Minister.” (lit: “The Prime Minister shall step up to the front-lines first.”) The ad was designed by famous art director Katsumi Asaba too.
It’s really strange and interesting how many things Itoi has been involved with and how his works continue to live on over the years.
For more details on Itoi and his past works that don’t necessarily involve MOTHER, see Chewy’s excellent article here!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Anti-War Ad
- vince94: I bet the translators and localizers didn’t know about/hadn’t played EB0. That’s understandable, as I remember from an...
- ninten: The white people of the translation foreigner I’m sorry. I’m Japanese. And will not be pardon. I be waiting.
- ChozoBoy: Does anybody have an image of the colored Mr. Saturn by Itoi?
- MagicCakeRyuka: If the Mother series was released in 2015 then it would make fans thrilled and my hopes for ness and lucas in the new ssb game.
- Anonymous: I wish Mother 2 was out already on the 3ds >.<