EarthBound Spotted in the Wild
Lately there’s been some rumblings in Japan of building up an army again, which has lots of people there worried, of course. As a result, an old anti-war ad by Shigesato Itoi from the 80s has been making the rounds on Japanese sites again in this new context:
It says: “After you, Prime Minister.” (lit: “The Prime Minister shall step up to the front-lines first.”) The ad was designed by famous art director Katsumi Asaba too.
It’s really strange and interesting how many things Itoi has been involved with and how his works continue to live on over the years.
For more details on Itoi and his past works that don’t necessarily involve MOTHER, see Chewy’s excellent article here!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Anti-War Ad
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues