MOTHER 2 Novel, Chapter 1 & 2
Lately there’s been some rumblings in Japan of building up an army again, which has lots of people there worried, of course. As a result, an old anti-war ad by Shigesato Itoi from the 80s has been making the rounds on Japanese sites again in this new context:
It says: “After you, Prime Minister.” (lit: “The Prime Minister shall step up to the front-lines first.”) The ad was designed by famous art director Katsumi Asaba too.
It’s really strange and interesting how many things Itoi has been involved with and how his works continue to live on over the years.
For more details on Itoi and his past works that don’t necessarily involve MOTHER, see Chewy’s excellent article here!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Anti-War Ad
Featured Item on eBay:
The King of Games "Smash Starman" Earthbound Mother 2 Black L T-shirt NT0020B
- Mato: I remember at the time that it WAS really impressive for a Super NES game – Street Fighter II was touted for a good while as being the...
- Ailure: 24 mbit translates to about 3 megabyte for those not in the know. For some reason they were really fond of specifying cartridge sizes in...
- Ailure: I love how it mentions the game being 24 mbits like that was huge. Even at the time it was nothing with computers at the era having cd-rom...
- Wukey: Damn, how long did Earthbound take to beat? Maybe 30 hours?
- Yosh: And Nintendo doesn’t approve things such as ripping a ROM from a cartridge and modifying its content.