EarthBound Fortress 2: Episode 1
Lately there’s been some rumblings in Japan of building up an army again, which has lots of people there worried, of course. As a result, an old anti-war ad by Shigesato Itoi from the 80s has been making the rounds on Japanese sites again in this new context:
It says: “After you, Prime Minister.” (lit: “The Prime Minister shall step up to the front-lines first.”) The ad was designed by famous art director Katsumi Asaba too.
It’s really strange and interesting how many things Itoi has been involved with and how his works continue to live on over the years.
For more details on Itoi and his past works that don’t necessarily involve MOTHER, see Chewy’s excellent article here!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Anti-War Ad
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.
- Leeaux: Mato! We miss you! Come back to us!