Rare MOTHER 2 Phone Card
Lately there’s been some rumblings in Japan of building up an army again, which has lots of people there worried, of course. As a result, an old anti-war ad by Shigesato Itoi from the 80s has been making the rounds on Japanese sites again in this new context:
It says: “After you, Prime Minister.” (lit: “The Prime Minister shall step up to the front-lines first.”) The ad was designed by famous art director Katsumi Asaba too.
It’s really strange and interesting how many things Itoi has been involved with and how his works continue to live on over the years.
For more details on Itoi and his past works that don’t necessarily involve MOTHER, see Chewy’s excellent article here!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Anti-War Ad
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...
- DJ: Well, unless they lose the big account and their financial manager hangs himself. Then they’ll have to figure something else out just in...
- KingMike: Buy all the stock so we can make him make Mother 4. 😛 (no, it wouldn’t turn out good unless Itoi wanted to make it)
- Shigesato Itoi: Yeah I’m gonna be freaking rich and i stole cash from my dead father btw XD
- StarmanAlex: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEE