EarthBound Marriage Proposal
Lately there’s been some rumblings in Japan of building up an army again, which has lots of people there worried, of course. As a result, an old anti-war ad by Shigesato Itoi from the 80s has been making the rounds on Japanese sites again in this new context:
It says: “After you, Prime Minister.” (lit: “The Prime Minister shall step up to the front-lines first.”) The ad was designed by famous art director Katsumi Asaba too.
It’s really strange and interesting how many things Itoi has been involved with and how his works continue to live on over the years.
For more details on Itoi and his past works that don’t necessarily involve MOTHER, see Chewy’s excellent article here!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Anti-War Ad
- An E and two 8: Very good and interesting find. Fits pretty well with the fact that the Giygas you fight on Mother 2 is nothing but a corrupted...
- Captain Cab: This actually looks really plausible to me. I’ve always wondered why his distorted form was a creepy, human-like face when...
- Mesousa: I’d sooner believe that this was the intention rather than the fetus.
- Anon: …I… wow. That’s actually really cool.
- Icicle: The poor guy lost his neck. But I’m sure he feels perfectly good.