Fan Album: Mother Notes
Lately there’s been some rumblings in Japan of building up an army again, which has lots of people there worried, of course. As a result, an old anti-war ad by Shigesato Itoi from the 80s has been making the rounds on Japanese sites again in this new context:
It says: “After you, Prime Minister.” (lit: “The Prime Minister shall step up to the front-lines first.”) The ad was designed by famous art director Katsumi Asaba too.
It’s really strange and interesting how many things Itoi has been involved with and how his works continue to live on over the years.
For more details on Itoi and his past works that don’t necessarily involve MOTHER, see Chewy’s excellent article here!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Anti-War Ad
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
Banpresto EARTHBOUND Figure plush game Mother 2 official Mr. Saturn DOSEISAN Can
- Anon: @Bionic: I agree with your sentiment, but Reggie never got demoted. Iwata took the CEO (Chief Exectuive Officer) position at NoA, which is...
- ebisubaru: lol zack. you a funny guy.
- The Apple Kid: I’m not a surprised, but I’d be lying if I said, “I don’t think there is a petition in the world that has...
- Zack: The petitions…are absorbed…by the darkness.
- Justin: Iwata said they brought over EarthBound because of the Miiverse reaction and Project Rainfall rather clearly had an impact. I think Reggie...