MOTHER 2 on Japanese Virtual Console March 20th
Lately there’s been some rumblings in Japan of building up an army again, which has lots of people there worried, of course. As a result, an old anti-war ad by Shigesato Itoi from the 80s has been making the rounds on Japanese sites again in this new context:
It says: “After you, Prime Minister.” (lit: “The Prime Minister shall step up to the front-lines first.”) The ad was designed by famous art director Katsumi Asaba too.
It’s really strange and interesting how many things Itoi has been involved with and how his works continue to live on over the years.
For more details on Itoi and his past works that don’t necessarily involve MOTHER, see Chewy’s excellent article here!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Anti-War Ad
Featured Item on eBay:
Strategy Guide ~ Earthbound - Nintendo Player's Guide
- WVdUde: Yeah, the movement has moved on to the Earthbound US community now, and a treaty has been made with the people who was trolling. Expect...
- BusterTheFox: @WVdUde I bet Reggie started that “hater” petition! Lol. Will it talk about stuff I already know, or will I be interested...
- WVdUde: Could you mention the Miiverse Movement that I mentioned above? It’s named Operation Westbound and the members of it are currently...
- Catsman: It seems like GYP is down right now (our VPS host is having trouble) but you can still listen to the podcast here:...
- 2Sang: @XavandSo Did I sound like I doubted them? I’m certain at least ness will return and lucas will very likely return as well. A third...