Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
Lately there’s been some rumblings in Japan of building up an army again, which has lots of people there worried, of course. As a result, an old anti-war ad by Shigesato Itoi from the 80s has been making the rounds on Japanese sites again in this new context:
It says: “After you, Prime Minister.” (lit: “The Prime Minister shall step up to the front-lines first.”) The ad was designed by famous art director Katsumi Asaba too.
It’s really strange and interesting how many things Itoi has been involved with and how his works continue to live on over the years.
For more details on Itoi and his past works that don’t necessarily involve MOTHER, see Chewy’s excellent article here!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Anti-War Ad
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound SNES CIB Complete In Box! (Earth Bound, Super Nintendo, 1995)
- eb64: is it possible to put mother 3 gba on n64 cartridge again?
- RudyC3: It’s even written “REPRODUCTION” in full capitals on one of the picture examples above. How can people think it’s...
- joeymartin64: Love the one with Brawl artwork on it. Nothing says “swear-to-God official version of a game from the mid 90s” quite like...
- Anonymous: Is it possible to put Mother 3 on SNES cartridge?
- Billy: The only good part of this is that it cuts down on the amount of forgeries being passed off as the real thing.