Nintendo Sucks More
Lately there’s been some rumblings in Japan of building up an army again, which has lots of people there worried, of course. As a result, an old anti-war ad by Shigesato Itoi from the 80s has been making the rounds on Japanese sites again in this new context:
It says: “After you, Prime Minister.” (lit: “The Prime Minister shall step up to the front-lines first.”) The ad was designed by famous art director Katsumi Asaba too.
It’s really strange and interesting how many things Itoi has been involved with and how his works continue to live on over the years.
For more details on Itoi and his past works that don’t necessarily involve MOTHER, see Chewy’s excellent article here!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Anti-War Ad
- Prayer For Safety: Been following this for awhile, and am happy to see it coming along so nicely.
- Cory: I admire the dedication that’s going into this. I imagine it’s quite an undertaking.
- Mato: In that case, you should patch it manually using a different program like Tsukuyomi: http://www.romhacking.net/util ities/519/ The .ups file...
- Midna: Not to besmirch Mother 1′s good name or anything, but I’d say we’re coming up on the definitive version of the game. I...
- Raiden: I just downloaded the patch from your website Mato. I tried it today but it said “The application failed to initilize properly...