MOTHER 2 Preview on Laserdisc
Lately there’s been some rumblings in Japan of building up an army again, which has lots of people there worried, of course. As a result, an old anti-war ad by Shigesato Itoi from the 80s has been making the rounds on Japanese sites again in this new context:
It says: “After you, Prime Minister.” (lit: “The Prime Minister shall step up to the front-lines first.”) The ad was designed by famous art director Katsumi Asaba too.
It’s really strange and interesting how many things Itoi has been involved with and how his works continue to live on over the years.
For more details on Itoi and his past works that don’t necessarily involve MOTHER, see Chewy’s excellent article here!
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Shigesato Itoi’s Anti-War Ad
- neonix: And about Mother 4… Wow. I didn’t realize that there was such disapproval of something that die-hard fans are devoting years of...
- neonix: This looks amazing. I love how faithful the graphics are to EathBound, while making them look just the right bit more intricate. And that...
- neonix: It’s 100% certain Ness will return. And especially now with these confirmed items returning. Lucas I could see getting cut Would...
- Jacko: It’s all very fishy to me. Considering Mother 3′s birthday’s coming up.
- Raiden: And what’s not logic Mr.Oh My?