EarthBound Spotted in the Wild
December 31st, 2012 | MOTHER 3
It’s New Year’s Eve!
For whatever reason, that phrase always reminds me of the New Year’s Eve Bomb in MOTHER 3 now, so a new thing I’ve started doing is the “New Year’s MOTHER 3 Challenge”, which is basically trying to fight the giant Porky statue in New Pork City for as long as possible without using the New Year’s Eve Bomb (or PK Flash).
As far as I know, no one’s been able to defeat it normally without resorting to the bomb or PK Flash… which is perfect for a challenge! I seem to recall someone calculating how long it would take to win and how impossible it would be, but someday there’s gonna be some crazy guy who’ll pull it off somehow, I just know it.
So if you got some spare time today, try fighting the giant Porky statue for as long as possible and see how far you can get! And share your tips/experiences in the comments! Together, we CAN make a difference.
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to New Year’s MOTHER 3 Challenge
Featured Item on eBay:
Earthbound Super Nintendo Snes Rare RPG Game For Your Collections L@@K
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues