Mini-Update Megathon #3
December 31st, 2012 | MOTHER 3
It’s New Year’s Eve!
For whatever reason, that phrase always reminds me of the New Year’s Eve Bomb in MOTHER 3 now, so a new thing I’ve started doing is the “New Year’s MOTHER 3 Challenge”, which is basically trying to fight the giant Porky statue in New Pork City for as long as possible without using the New Year’s Eve Bomb (or PK Flash).
As far as I know, no one’s been able to defeat it normally without resorting to the bomb or PK Flash… which is perfect for a challenge! I seem to recall someone calculating how long it would take to win and how impossible it would be, but someday there’s gonna be some crazy guy who’ll pull it off somehow, I just know it.
So if you got some spare time today, try fighting the giant Porky statue for as long as possible and see how far you can get! And share your tips/experiences in the comments! Together, we CAN make a difference.
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to New Year’s MOTHER 3 Challenge
- MysterySprite22: This is weird, but not as weird as the belly warmers. xD
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...
- something fuzzy: Definitely would’ve been interesting to see a 3D rendition of a Flying Man, but in the end it probably was a wise choice to...
- Supergamerk: I like how they put Earthbound, an RPG with a VERY slow beginning on a time limit. I’d be surprised if you could get to Starman...
- Ostricho: Jess is right, there was a portion with a Ness FP fighter. I remember seeing it, and rewinding to pause it at that screen. EarthBound...