December 20th, 2012 | EarthBound, Videos

I saw a cool little video the other day called The Glitch, and I was surprised when Ness was in it!

Very cool stuff – even if the preview image is freaky.

I’ve seen lots of commenters say things like, “Who’s the guy in the striped shirt?” “Ness from Smash Bros., duh!” But that’s just how it’s always been I guess :P

11 Comments to Ness in The Glitch

Anonymous said on Dec. 20, 2012

“Ness from Super Smash Bros.”

Now that is one comment I get way too often. I really can’t stand it when people say it. My response has always been “Since when has any of the characters in Super Smash Bros. ever been from Super smash bros.? Heck, even Tabuu and Master Hand were from other games! It’s like saying “Megaman. He’s from marvel vs. Capcom, right?” To a megaman fan. Imagine how pissed they might be.

Satsy said on Dec. 20, 2012

It was terrible that I didn’t recognise Link immediately. And I’m still not sure who pulled the plug. I am sure that makes me a terrible gamer.

JamesBond007 said on Dec. 20, 2012

Is that Captain Viridian from VVVVVV?

Anonymous said on Dec. 20, 2012

@Satsy Dude from minecraft

Carl said on Dec. 20, 2012

@Anonymous:

I thought Tabuu and Master Hand were created especially for the Smash Bros. franchise. What games are they from, originally?

Anonymous said on Dec. 20, 2012

@Carl

Master Hand is from the Kirby franchise, but Tabuu actually is from the Smash universe exclusively.

Starmyster04 said on Dec. 20, 2012

is that freddiew? i love his vids! can’t believe he or one of the channel members has played Earthbound before

Anonymous said on Dec. 20, 2012

@Anonymous Wasn’t Tabuu originally from the NES game Taboo: The Sixth Sense? Or at least it was a reference to it.

Anonymous said on Dec. 20, 2012

@Anon3 Unless you’re referring to Wham Bam Rock or the occasionally sapient menu cursors, then Master Hand made his debut in the original SSB on N64, long before his appearance in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. HAL being the developers of both series is the only reason for crossovers and the propensity of “borrowing” things like attacks, but other than that there’s no real connection.

@Anon4 It’s possible, but just from a cursory glance at some screenshots from the game along with the fact that it’s a tarot card reading simulator, it seems pretty unlikely to me.

JesusLovesNess said on Dec. 20, 2012

The costume that Ness was wearing looked like the Fangamer Ness costume. Cool video.

mother_fan101 said on Jan. 3, 2014