December 27th, 2012 | MOTHER 3

Michael recently sent me this e-mail:

Thought you guys might like to check out the feature I’ve written about Mother 3 and grief management. It’s something I’ve struggled to write for years. Now it’s done, and I want to get it out there. Enjoy.

You can check out his post here – give it a read sometime, it’s an interesting and touching write-up!

6 Comments to MOTHER 3: My Mom and Me

Pklovetheme said on Dec. 27, 2012

Strong, clear writing. The piece is well done.

edgethelucas said on Dec. 27, 2012

I told my family I loved them after reading this. :,)

In context of the new developments in Mother, I hope IGN will stop ignoring the series. You can tell when a site does that when they bring it up and the only video they showcase is, again, the beginning. Click on my name to see. Ugh, I hate it when they do that.

Nonetheless, thanks for your piece again, Michael.

Blueflower999 said on Dec. 27, 2012

Very touching and well written.

Ness1985 said on Dec. 28, 2012

Beautiful……simply beautiful article. Mother 3 is one of those gems that hit your human heart so hard. Such a work of art, I cried my heart out after finishing this game and also during the final fight. I was soaking in my own tears…

Jason said on Dec. 28, 2012

Lovely article. :)

CrouchingMouse said on Jan. 6, 2013

Thanks for posting this, and thanks to Michael for writing it. Of all the things I’ve read about Mother 3 over the years, I think this has resonated with me most strongly. It’s a really wonderful thing when we can see a part of ourselves and our own life experiences inside of a game.

• Dr.x: Thanks. I’ll do that Crav.
  • ohgreat: @justin k no, do not do that. Sending a virtual machine with commercial software installed is illegal if you are not authorized to do so.
  • Crav: Dr. X, if you’re in chapter 7, just check your ship’s console next to Zarbol. Niiue made it available as soon as you came back.
  • Ejruss25: Ah, I remember this game. I distinctly remember being profoundly disturbed by it towards the end. It does a very excellent job of keeping...
  • Dr.x: I had fun just reading the pictures just now.