EarthBound in X-Play Buyer’s Guide
A few weeks ago I spotted an issue of Family Computer magazine up for auction, except it was quite a bit of money. But jrronimo on Twitter was like, “Hey, I’ll totally get it for you and send it to you for free!” And then I was like, “Whoa, you rock!”
Yesterday the magazine finally arrived at my lair and what I found was really interesting. This is the June 3, 1994 issue, which places it only a few months before MOTHER 2’s release. For some reason – probably just to have a ton of content to show – the MOTHER 2 preview in this issue features several pages of really old screenshots right alongside more recent screenshots. Some of these old screenshots we’ve seen before (here and here, for instance), but some are completely new to me!
Here are some quick scans I made for everyone to see:
I don’t have the time to translate everything here, but just at a quick glance I see:
- The Mach Pizza delivery is done by the Mach Pizza lady and not the guy with the big hat
- Paula’s original clay model is used here
- Pokey and King are following Ness… in broad daylight?
- Poo is out of HP in one screenshot and has a big X over his HP and PP
- The coffee enemy is missing its giant splash in its graphics
For some reason the article writer also thinks Belch’s base is in the Deep Darkness. I haven’t fully read everything else, but if I do find anything else of interest I’ll update this post.
In the meantime, if you find anything else interesting in these scans, let me know in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to MOTHER 2 Preview in Family Computer 11
- Lvl.1 Chef: Thanks for the shout out! Jammy’s really doing some great stuff and I love that Pork Noodle cup haha. Makes me want to try doing...
- 4am: Cool, very cool. On another note, I wonder how Jeffman is doing with the translation of MOTHER 1+2 currently. I hope he decided to use the...
- PSI MOTHER: cómo me gustaría comer un ramen al estilo de Mother3 ;( bueno.. aunque creó qué es fácil de hacer ya qué mientras me hacía un bocadillo...
- PSI MOTHER: viva MOTHER
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...