Weekly Round-Up #52
A few weeks ago I spotted an issue of Family Computer magazine up for auction, except it was quite a bit of money. But jrronimo on Twitter was like, “Hey, I’ll totally get it for you and send it to you for free!” And then I was like, “Whoa, you rock!”
Yesterday the magazine finally arrived at my lair and what I found was really interesting. This is the June 3, 1994 issue, which places it only a few months before MOTHER 2′s release. For some reason – probably just to have a ton of content to show – the MOTHER 2 preview in this issue features several pages of really old screenshots right alongside more recent screenshots. Some of these old screenshots we’ve seen before (here and here, for instance), but some are completely new to me!
Here are some quick scans I made for everyone to see:
I don’t have the time to translate everything here, but just at a quick glance I see:
- The Mach Pizza delivery is done by the Mach Pizza lady and not the guy with the big hat
- Paula’s original clay model is used here
- Pokey and King are following Ness… in broad daylight?
- Poo is out of HP in one screenshot and has a big X over his HP and PP
- The coffee enemy is missing its giant splash in its graphics
For some reason the article writer also thinks Belch’s base is in the Deep Darkness. I haven’t fully read everything else, but if I do find anything else of interest I’ll update this post.
In the meantime, if you find anything else interesting in these scans, let me know in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to MOTHER 2 Preview in Family Computer 11
Leave a reply
- Jdaster64: I can’t imagine I’d ever get tired of battles starting with “AAH! Enemy name!”
- Opinionated Vector Chimera: This is for uyuyuy99: there’s an EarthBound Zero ROM map at http://datacrystal.romhacki...
- Opinionated Vector Chimera: Heh. I was just working on modifying the EarthBound Zero ROM (by replacing Big Foot with one of the FF1 dragons, and...
- Pengo: I just got Itoi blue Pants.
- Earthbounder: Zo0O0o! YoU sAy Yes tO mE? Me: YES!