Takara Tomy Mother 2 Gyiyg no Gyakushuu Phone Strap Figure Jeff

December 16th, 2012 | EarthBound, Itoi, Merchandise

A little while back I posted that Itoi’s site had announced a MOTHER 2-themed iPhone 5 case was in the works. Well, the latest announcement is that it and other special Hobonichi-designed cases will be available for order beginning on the 20th of December:

Capture

You can check out the page here, although I don’t think they’ll actually start shipping until January.

13 Comments to MOTHER 2 iPhone 5 Cases Soon

Pigmask Private said on Dec. 16, 2012

aww they got rid of the butt one

Poe said on Dec. 16, 2012

Maybe I should buy one now just in case I ever get an iPhone 5 in the next decade or so.

Apple Kid said on Dec. 16, 2012

I think it seems strange to me. I mean an 18 year old game’s logo on an iPhone case. Not to mention (in terms of sales) it was the least popular one. What’s your take on it Mato/Poe?

Mato said on Dec. 16, 2012

I honestly don’t really know what to make of it – I think in the last few years Itoi’s realized there’s a really strong, niche audience for Mother 2 stuff, hence those figures and Mr. Saturn plushes a few years ago. And this is probably just another instance of marketing toward that niche to have a broader target market.

tl;dr: I think it’s just business.

2sang said on Dec. 16, 2012

I might consider getting one just in case (pun intended) they go up like most other eb merch

Heck, even fangamer merch is worth a lot more. One of the funfest ghost of starman figures is up for like $200 now

Jason said on Dec. 17, 2012

The saddest part is that, according to the Mayans, we’ll all be dead before the orders ship. Now isn’t THAT a travesty?

Mato said on Dec. 17, 2012

DARN YOU MAYANS I NEED MY MOTHER MERCHANDISE

Apple Kid said on Dec. 18, 2012

@Mato actually the Mayans forgot leap years. So according to them we should be dead around 3 years to a decade ago. So Mother is safe.;)

Mato said on Dec. 18, 2012

Ah, so the Mayans predicted the end of the Mother series.

Apple Kid said on Dec. 18, 2012

Indeed young Clyde, indeed.

JC said on Dec. 21, 2012

Can I use it on a iPhone 4?

Mato said on Dec. 21, 2012

From what I’ve been told, no.

Soulier said on Dec. 21, 2012

Well I bought one even though I don’t have an iPhone 5. I probably wouldn’t use it anyway so it stays in mint condition!

Now I wonder how much it will be worth in a few years.

• Dr.x: Thanks. I’ll do that Crav.
  • ohgreat: @justin k no, do not do that. Sending a virtual machine with commercial software installed is illegal if you are not authorized to do so.
  • Crav: Dr. X, if you’re in chapter 7, just check your ship’s console next to Zarbol. Niiue made it available as soon as you came back.
  • Ejruss25: Ah, I remember this game. I distinctly remember being profoundly disturbed by it towards the end. It does a very excellent job of keeping...
  • Dr.x: I had fun just reading the pictures just now.