Shark Baiting in EarthBound
While browsing Japanese sites this time of year, one thing I often see is Mr. Saturn in snowman form! So here are just a few I’ve come across:
That really big one was part of Sapporo’s tourism-building snow festival – it even has a sign next to it saying who he is and a quote that goes something like, “So tired! But okay.” Pretty cool to see something from this old game getting recognition in this form!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Japanese Mr. Saturn Snowmen
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...