EarthBound Level Challenge Hack!
December 1st, 2012 | EarthBound
The other day I posted a rough screenplay version of EarthBound penned by Seth – see here.
He’s since made some updates and sent me this:
Hello again, thanks to the wonderful feedback I’ve recieved from the EarthBound Central community, I have been able to finnish the Second Draft of my EarthBound Screenplay faster than I previously expected.
It’s still a draft, but I feel it to be MUCH better than the previous draft. The pacing has been improved greatly (it’s 10-12 minutes longer), scenes have been added that answer important questions, The dialogue has been greater tunes (especially Ness’s), Unfortunately, Captain Strong’s scene had to be canned, but it opened up too many problems.
To everyone who gave me feedback, THANK YOU.
To anyone who visited my site, THANK YOU
To anyone who even just READ my screenplay… THANK YOU.
You can see the latest draft here:
He also goes on to say:
As my Subject states, I’m germinating the concept of an EarthBound fanfilm. But it’s NOT based off this screenplay.
It’s a prequel, a prequel to the entire MOTHER series. It would tell the story of George and Maria and how they would come to raise Giygas. It would take place in 1908 and evoke the same cultural simplicity as “Oklahoma!”. (they both take place during the SAME YEAR)
Since there is only just a small kernel of backstory regarding George’s story, I’m having to take much artistic liscence, but It’ll still have that brand of quirkiness that sticks out in the games, most of them “unintentional” references to modern society.
Unlike most films which have THREE Acts, the fanfilm would have only TWO Acts. (much like a stageplay)
It’s called EarthBound Origins, and I hope to one day see this concept come into fruition. I live in Northeast Florida, a location that has a history of filmmaking that predates Hollywood by two years.
I also plan to keep the fan community updated about this project’s development as well.
My website can be found here. I can be contacted there too.
It was pretty cool seeing EB Central readers provide actual, detailed, constructive criticism and then seeing Seth use it constructively himself. And it’s always cool to see aspiring filmmakers working on EarthBound stuff
Other Related Posts:
46 Comments to EarthBound Screenplay Draft 2 & Fan Film Idea
- Earth Saturn: To everyone asking for a translation of the Lucas trophy, someone on GameFAQs already did it: “Lucas used to be weak-willed,...
- 357: Whoops, forgot to mention the Magicant one was not made by me.
- 357: For you fellow Brawl hackers: a BRSTM for Smiles and Tears (made by me): http://bombch.us/pLL and one for Magicant: http://bombch.us/pLM I...
- EdgeTheLucas: If you’re willing to translate some trophies, Mato, then I only ask that you please translate Lucas’ trophy. I’m...
- BusterTheFox: If there is DLC for this game, I think Lucas is more than likely to appear. And just because he has a trophy in the game...