Saturn Valley, EarthBound Zero Style
A few people have written in to let me know that some EarthBound-based stuff was recently on Comedy Central as part of a show called “Mash Up”. Here’s how snoopthedrew describes it:
Hi there! I was on comedy central tonight watching a show called mashup which is a sketch show that’s very heavily influenced by video games and pop culture and this interesting character named Reggie Watts came on. His sketch video was an abstract music video of him in sprite form. What makes it so interesting is that he had the exact same sprite as Ness as you can see in the attachment! Even his style resembles Earthbound so well; he’s wacky, but just so damn cool!!! Anyways, the video should be on the internet soon, so keep an eye out for it!!!
I don’t have a video link or anything to share, but here’s a screenshot for reference:
If anyone has more pics or video links, please share in the comments!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to EarthBound on Comedy Central
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...