Random Post:

MOTHER on MSNBC
Earthbound Super DX Soft Vinyl Figure Mother 2 MrSaturn Doseisan Banpresto

December 6th, 2012 | EarthBound, Videos

CB recently sent me this:

I was just watching Xplay’s ultimate buyer’s guide and they showed a full Earthbound set and mentioned that it was one of the rarest full sets there is, along with being one of the most desirable virtual console game releases. They also mentioned however, that it was unlikely to get a virtual console release.

So I checked around online and managed to find the video in question:

(If it doesn’t load, see here.)

I swear, it’s still really weird to see EarthBound getting this sort of treatment – I never imagined it would be on some fancy pedestal being called ahead of its time on a big TV network like this 😯

10 Comments to EarthBound in X-Play Buyer’s Guide

Ness1985 said on Dec. 6, 2012

Screw paying over $200 on a game, SCREW IT!!!

Ness1985 said on Dec. 6, 2012

The only reason why I paid $150 on an EarthBound cart is because IT’S THE BEST GAME EVER MADE!!! That’s a good reason to shell out that money.

Saggy said on Dec. 6, 2012

G4 is dying either way.

Midna said on Dec. 6, 2012

G4 isn’t really dying, it’s self-destructing. It’s abandoned the original concepts of both Tech TV and the original G4 (technology and video games respectively), officially because they want to attract a bigger demographic (because video game/tech geeks have never made more than a blip on the radar, ever) – which in the end will come back to bite them in the ass. It’s the exact same issue SyFy went through back when it was still called Sci-Fi.

But enough of my filibuster. It’s cool to see EarthBound get a final mention before X Play gets canned.

Ness-kun said on Dec. 6, 2012

That’s why I bought complete sets of the 4 Japanese games instead of buying the three and Earthbound.

JeffShotFirst said on Dec. 6, 2012

I miss Sessler and Pereira. G4 is def. in a slow decline

Mato said on Dec. 6, 2012

JeffShotFirst: Sessler’s new stuff on Revision3 has been really great so far – check it out if you haven’t. Feels so much more real than his corporate-overlord-obey-us G4 stuff.

Earthbounder said on Dec. 6, 2012

Wow! Earthbound was the most expensive one there! o.o Well… other than that giant pacman machine. XD

EarthBoundfanman said on Dec. 6, 2012

I bet that guys store is expensive. Either way it’s nice to see EB mentioned on TV, maybe this will persway the right people into considering a rerelease.

Belle said on Dec. 10, 2012

Earthbound AND Snatcher? Is this the same G4?