EarthBound Video Collab Contest
December 12th, 2012 | EarthBound
In the past I’ve posted many EarthBound-like fonts for download, but it seems like there’s always been a little quirk with each one for whatever reason.
Well, a few months ago, a fellow by the name of null posted a more accurate EarthBound font file on the Starmen.Net forums:
I recently started working on an Earthbound fangame but I ran into a problem. I was using the AppleKid font but I had some problems with it. The character spacing was slightly off, it was missing the mid dot used in conversations, there was no Greek letters, and many of the symbols were inaccurate. Instead of trying to fix the AppleKid font I decided to make my own based off the main font from PK Hack. This font is pixel accurate and mapped exactly like the font is in the game, the only difference is that I added a redundant large O to the copywrite symbol character. I had to add this because the large O is mapped to the delete character which many programs will not display.
This font was designed to be used in fangames, because it only includes the characters used ingame it is not practical for everyday use.
You can download the file here:
Thanks again to null for the hard work!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to An Accurate EarthBound Font
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...