Pollyanna Played by Floppy Drives
December 12th, 2012 | EarthBound
In the past I’ve posted many EarthBound-like fonts for download, but it seems like there’s always been a little quirk with each one for whatever reason.
Well, a few months ago, a fellow by the name of null posted a more accurate EarthBound font file on the Starmen.Net forums:
I recently started working on an Earthbound fangame but I ran into a problem. I was using the AppleKid font but I had some problems with it. The character spacing was slightly off, it was missing the mid dot used in conversations, there was no Greek letters, and many of the symbols were inaccurate. Instead of trying to fix the AppleKid font I decided to make my own based off the main font from PK Hack. This font is pixel accurate and mapped exactly like the font is in the game, the only difference is that I added a redundant large O to the copywrite symbol character. I had to add this because the large O is mapped to the delete character which many programs will not display.
This font was designed to be used in fangames, because it only includes the characters used ingame it is not practical for everyday use.
You can download the file here:
Thanks again to null for the hard work!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to An Accurate EarthBound Font
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.