Weekly Round-Up #54
December 12th, 2012 | EarthBound
In the past I’ve posted many EarthBound-like fonts for download, but it seems like there’s always been a little quirk with each one for whatever reason.
Well, a few months ago, a fellow by the name of null posted a more accurate EarthBound font file on the Starmen.Net forums:
I recently started working on an Earthbound fangame but I ran into a problem. I was using the AppleKid font but I had some problems with it. The character spacing was slightly off, it was missing the mid dot used in conversations, there was no Greek letters, and many of the symbols were inaccurate. Instead of trying to fix the AppleKid font I decided to make my own based off the main font from PK Hack. This font is pixel accurate and mapped exactly like the font is in the game, the only difference is that I added a redundant large O to the copywrite symbol character. I had to add this because the large O is mapped to the delete character which many programs will not display.
This font was designed to be used in fangames, because it only includes the characters used ingame it is not practical for everyday use.
You can download the file here:
Thanks again to null for the hard work!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to An Accurate EarthBound Font
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues