Mr. Saturn Balloon Figure
I’ve started some preliminary work on my MOTHER 3 Legends of Localization site, which will essentially be my translation notes for the game.
While working on it, I was reminded of an interview I did a few years ago for a site called Active Gaming Media, which focused mainly on game localization. I usually turn down interviews if the questions are bland/uninspired, but this AGM one was really good and really dug deep. It was posted shortly afterward, and they even had it professionally translated into Japanese for Japanese clients/readers to check out!
Sadly, the site’s gone through some changes over the years and now my stuff is gone, but I recently posted a copy of it on my personal site for reference. You can check it out here:
One thing I keep wanting to say all the time is that although I worked on the project, Jeffman did a HUGE amount of work and should get just as much attention – the project never would’ve happened without him. So it always makes me feel a little awkward whenever people call it the “Tomato translation”. And don’t forget Chewy – she helped add a lot of fun to the menu text in the game!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to AGM MOTHER 3 Translation Article
Leave a reply
- Vukadin: @KingOfSwords Thank you good sir, at least I know that I’m not the only one.
- johnr754: @Tente; Maybe it’s because the Japanese prefer minor change over major change. For example, Super Mario 64 did not do as well as...
- KingOfSwords: I feel just the same way, Vukadin.
- PK Derp: I know it’s late but that’s Ni no Kuni. Although, I don’t recognise the first Earthbound-y picture.
- Mato: I updated this post with some more info. Right now I think it’ll be better to hold off for a bit but I plan to release a new patch...