Silly Nintendo, That’s the Wrong System
I’ve started some preliminary work on my MOTHER 3 Legends of Localization site, which will essentially be my translation notes for the game.
While working on it, I was reminded of an interview I did a few years ago for a site called Active Gaming Media, which focused mainly on game localization. I usually turn down interviews if the questions are bland/uninspired, but this AGM one was really good and really dug deep. It was posted shortly afterward, and they even had it professionally translated into Japanese for Japanese clients/readers to check out!
Sadly, the site’s gone through some changes over the years and now my stuff is gone, but I recently posted a copy of it on my personal site for reference. You can check it out here:
One thing I keep wanting to say all the time is that although I worked on the project, Jeffman did a HUGE amount of work and should get just as much attention – the project never would’ve happened without him. So it always makes me feel a little awkward whenever people call it the “Tomato translation”. And don’t forget Chewy – she helped add a lot of fun to the menu text in the game!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to AGM MOTHER 3 Translation Article
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995) SNES - Authentic -
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...