December 8th, 2012 | Interviews, MOTHER 3

I’ve started some preliminary work on my MOTHER 3 Legends of Localization site, which will essentially be my translation notes for the game.

While working on it, I was reminded of an interview I did a few years ago for a site called Active Gaming Media, which focused mainly on game localization. I usually turn down interviews if the questions are bland/uninspired, but this AGM one was really good and really dug deep. It was posted shortly afterward, and they even had it professionally translated into Japanese for Japanese clients/readers to check out!

Sadly, the site’s gone through some changes over the years and now my stuff is gone, but I recently posted a copy of it on my personal site for reference. You can check it out here:

One thing I keep wanting to say all the time is that although I worked on the project, Jeffman did a HUGE amount of work and should get just as much attention – the project never would’ve happened without him. So it always makes me feel a little awkward whenever people call it the “Tomato translation”. And don’t forget Chewy – she helped add a lot of fun to the menu text in the game!

9 Comments to AGM MOTHER 3 Translation Article

Leeaux said on Dec. 8, 2012

Cheers to Jeffman and Chewy!

Midna said on Dec. 8, 2012

I am filled with heart-stopping (for one-fifth of an hour) anticipation!

gBev said on Dec. 8, 2012

@Midna I wouldn’t be too worried, I’m sure there won’t be any of those naughty potty words in the translation notes.

Mr. Tenda said on Dec. 8, 2012

curse that meddling JeffMan

Midna said on Dec. 8, 2012

@gBev Phew, good. I don’t want my parents to randomly walk by, see one, spaz out, and then delete the Internet.

NecrosaroIII said on Dec. 9, 2012

Speaking of translation, I’m a little curious. What are you currently working on professionally, if you don’t mind me asking.

Mato said on Dec. 9, 2012

I’m always working on maybe 3 to 4 shows at any one time. The main thing right now is a simulcast for Robotics;Notes.

Poe said on Dec. 9, 2012

Speaking of which, everyone reading this should go buy the first half of Steins;Gate that’s out on DVD/Blu-ray combo pack!! Mato translated that show too and it’s about TIME TRAVEL and it’s seriously my favorite anime of recent years.

Doctor Fedora said on Dec. 9, 2012

Feel free to make reference to this as much as you’d like while writing about the localization parts! This is basically what it had been waiting for all along.