Weekly Round-Up #54
I’ve started some preliminary work on my MOTHER 3 Legends of Localization site, which will essentially be my translation notes for the game.
While working on it, I was reminded of an interview I did a few years ago for a site called Active Gaming Media, which focused mainly on game localization. I usually turn down interviews if the questions are bland/uninspired, but this AGM one was really good and really dug deep. It was posted shortly afterward, and they even had it professionally translated into Japanese for Japanese clients/readers to check out!
Sadly, the site’s gone through some changes over the years and now my stuff is gone, but I recently posted a copy of it on my personal site for reference. You can check it out here:
One thing I keep wanting to say all the time is that although I worked on the project, Jeffman did a HUGE amount of work and should get just as much attention – the project never would’ve happened without him. So it always makes me feel a little awkward whenever people call it the “Tomato translation”. And don’t forget Chewy – she helped add a lot of fun to the menu text in the game!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to AGM MOTHER 3 Translation Article
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues