Pollyanna Played by Floppy Drives
I’ve started some preliminary work on my MOTHER 3 Legends of Localization site, which will essentially be my translation notes for the game.
While working on it, I was reminded of an interview I did a few years ago for a site called Active Gaming Media, which focused mainly on game localization. I usually turn down interviews if the questions are bland/uninspired, but this AGM one was really good and really dug deep. It was posted shortly afterward, and they even had it professionally translated into Japanese for Japanese clients/readers to check out!
Sadly, the site’s gone through some changes over the years and now my stuff is gone, but I recently posted a copy of it on my personal site for reference. You can check it out here:
One thing I keep wanting to say all the time is that although I worked on the project, Jeffman did a HUGE amount of work and should get just as much attention – the project never would’ve happened without him. So it always makes me feel a little awkward whenever people call it the “Tomato translation”. And don’t forget Chewy – she helped add a lot of fun to the menu text in the game!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to AGM MOTHER 3 Translation Article
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.