The Final Day of the EarthBound Bash is Today!
Many years ago I put together a big section that compared EarthBound and MOTHER 2 (see here) and showed how things were changed in the localization, why they were changed, and how it improved (or not) over the original. More recently, I started comparing other games this way, which you can see here.
I was thinking recently how it’d be neat to make these into actual books too – for example, I’d love to take my EarthBound comparison stuff, expand upon it, and sell it as a physical book, along with a PDF that’d be updated if anything needs to be fixed. I could also do the same for other games, including MOTHER 1 and MOTHER 3 – in fact, a MOTHER 3 one would be a great way for me to finally do those translation notes 😛 And of course I plan to look at other games too, as I already have.
So it’d basically be like this:
- For each game I compare, there’d be a free online website version, just like what I have on my Legends of Localization site
- A physical book with more info and more content would also be available to buy
- The book would also come with access to a PDF file that’d be updated should I need to make any changes or update/add more stuff
- Each book would feature a different game, obviously being a huge EarthBound fan I’d probably make one for each game
- I’d consider including bonuses sort of like how Fangamer had the bonus keychains/poster with the Mother 3 handbook
- Purchasers could possibly vote on which game to look at next
In any case, I do think I’ll at least print up some books for my own personal library no matter what, but how interesting does this sound to you? Let me know in the comments and in the poll.
Other Related Posts:
47 Comments to Localization Comparison Stuff
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY