EarthBound Text Adventure Hack
A few weeks ago I posted about a possible plan to make print versions of my localization comparison projects. The response was far better than I imagined, so I’m pretty confident I’m gonna give a stab at it in the near future.
Of course, I’m going to need to consult a lawyer and look at complicated stuff like that, but the first thing I want to do is get an idea of what to start with. So here are the choices I have in mind:
- MOTHER 1 / EarthBound Zero comparison
- Expanded MOTHER 2 / EarthBound comparison
- MOTHER 3 / MOTHER 3 fan translation comparison (basically these would be my translation notes I still haven’t gotten around to writing)
- Zelda II: Adventure of Link
- Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
- Ninja Gaiden
- Final Fantasy I
- Mega Man
- Duck Tales
- Dragon Quest / Dragon Warrior
Basically, which of these would you most like to see a comparison of? Keep in mind that there’ll also be a free online version too, so even if you’re not interested in an actual book you’ll get to see the end result. The books will just have added content to them + possible extra goodies.
I’ve actually been working on a Final Fantasy IV comparison site for a little while now (see here), but the scope of that project is so big that it would be insane to make that the first book project. I think just the first section alone would be 30+ pages 😯
Anyway, vote in the poll below (or here) so I can figure out what I should start looking into!
Edit: If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, I’ve compared the Japanese and English versions of a few games, including Super Mario Bros. 1, Legend of Zelda, and most recently Final Fantasy II/IV. See here!
Other Related Posts:
33 Comments to Localization Book Poll
Featured Item on eBay:
Nintendo Game Boy Micro Mother 3 Limited Edition Rare!!
- suomynonA: @Anon +1 I agree
- L4V3ND3R: I cannot wait till everything comes full circle. .w.
- John Enigma: I hope this ends up being successful.
- Paul: Well, the name Giygas comes from the Greek word Γίγας, which can be romanized “Gigas”.
- Anonymous: Like most self-righteous philosophers, the writer of this video fails to recognize his/her own hypocrisy. A pot calling the kettle black...