Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
Every month I manually update the EarthBound price info on buyearthbound.com so fans can get good deals and avoid spending too much money. Here are the latest prices for reference:
- EarthBound cart: $175 (up from $169, lowest: $65 / highest: $305)
- EarthBound guide: $95 (up from $81, only one that sold: $95)
- EarthBound complete set: $708 (up from $624, lowest: $365.39 / highest: $2125)
So basically all prices are significantly up, as is expected given that the holidays are approaching. Also, guides by themselves are getting rare to find, I think sellers are picking up any they can find so they can bundle them with carts.
The biggest thing of all though is that there were a LOT of EarthBound copies sold last month. In all my years covering EarthBound stuff, I don’t think I’ve seen so many copies sold in one month. Approximately 100 cart-only listings, and many more bundles and complete sets. This game is NOT rare or hard to find. Just hard to find it cheap 😛
Speaking of which, apparently some people DID get some crazy good deals:
Another trend I’ve noticed is a big surge in custom cases or custom boxes for EarthBound. Most are clearly not real, but some people make them out to look a lot like the official, smaller-sized display boxes. If you’re thinking of getting one that looks like it has a display box, just know that there’s a chance you’re getting a reproduction box and not the real thing.
For pics and more info on boxes and general tips on how to get EarthBound stuff without having to sell your eyeballs, check out buyearthbound.com!
Other Related Posts:
4 Comments to EarthBound Price Update (Nov 2012)
Featured Item on eBay:
EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.
- Leeaux: Mato! We miss you! Come back to us!