To Nintendo, for the Mother-land
Every month I manually update the EarthBound price info on buyearthbound.com so fans can get good deals and avoid spending too much money. Here are the latest prices for reference:
- EarthBound cart: $175 (up from $169, lowest: $65 / highest: $305)
- EarthBound guide: $95 (up from $81, only one that sold: $95)
- EarthBound complete set: $708 (up from $624, lowest: $365.39 / highest: $2125)
So basically all prices are significantly up, as is expected given that the holidays are approaching. Also, guides by themselves are getting rare to find, I think sellers are picking up any they can find so they can bundle them with carts.
The biggest thing of all though is that there were a LOT of EarthBound copies sold last month. In all my years covering EarthBound stuff, I don’t think I’ve seen so many copies sold in one month. Approximately 100 cart-only listings, and many more bundles and complete sets. This game is NOT rare or hard to find. Just hard to find it cheap 😛
Speaking of which, apparently some people DID get some crazy good deals:
Another trend I’ve noticed is a big surge in custom cases or custom boxes for EarthBound. Most are clearly not real, but some people make them out to look a lot like the official, smaller-sized display boxes. If you’re thinking of getting one that looks like it has a display box, just know that there’s a chance you’re getting a reproduction box and not the real thing.
For pics and more info on boxes and general tips on how to get EarthBound stuff without having to sell your eyeballs, check out buyearthbound.com!
Other Related Posts:
4 Comments to EarthBound Price Update (Nov 2012)
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY