Earthbound (SNES)

November 8th, 2012 | Audio Stuff, EarthBound, Videos

John sent this in earlier:

So for the longest time, Duane and Brando had split up due to personal differences. But now thy seem to have sorted things out – they even have a kickstarter going. Most importantly, they’ve released another Earthbound song, this time to do with Happy Happy Village.

Thanks!

I’m not sure if their old EarthBound videos/music is still up anywhere, but if you want more info on them, see here and check out their latest project here!

20 Comments to Duane & BrandO Together Again

Leeaux said on Nov. 8, 2012

Tomato, this is the best news you could have given me all day.

Pepper said on Nov. 8, 2012

Oh man, this is the best thing! I am such a huge fan of D&B. I’ll have to check out that kickstarter.

anonymous said on Nov. 8, 2012

I… feel like you guys are running out of ideas…

Carl said on Nov. 8, 2012

Should I know who they are?

Vowswithin said on Nov. 8, 2012

Anonymous, what the &*)* do you expect the game was released 20 years ago! Oh hold on this just in, there will never be another official mother game again… guess the site should shut down.

Glad to see D&B back together again, I would have to assume he has never heard the eb songs they did release because they were AWESOME!

Punky said on Nov. 8, 2012

It’s Mother related in a way. And frankly, I never knew about them. So thank you for posting this and the links. At least I can read them and enjoy the small things like that.

man said on Nov. 8, 2012

There’s a playlist containing all the previous Duane and Brando Earthbound songs/covers here

man said on Nov. 8, 2012

Oh, and I want to add that it was Duane and Brand0 that actually introduced me to Earthbound. I was following them at the time and they posted the Saturn Valley demo (a re-upload of it is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKIqj_iyejo). I found it so fascinatingly bizarre that I immediately knew I just had to check the game out. So I did, and now it’s one of my favourite games ever made, which I went out and imported a copy, bought a SNES and an adapter to play it properly.

Punky said on Nov. 8, 2012

Thanks!

I remember when I first stumbled upon it too, it was this year actually. What an awesome experience and a joy to play.

And then Mother 3 came along^______^

LucasPSI said on Nov. 8, 2012

Calm down Vowswithin. He was just making A point. You don’t have to go ape crazy on him.

Vowswithin said on Nov. 8, 2012

You are probably right Lucas, I just really appreciate what Mato does for us all the time and I wish more people did. He does his very best to present relevant material.

Sorry all ;-/

Vowswithin said on Nov. 8, 2012

Does anyone feel a little bit like his voice sounds a little bit like Kurt Cobain? And then in between it sounds like Pink Floyd.

MrKoopan said on Nov. 9, 2012

I used to listen to these guys all the time a few years ago, megaman 2 was my jam

this is some of the best news I’ve seen in a while

BusterTheFox said on Nov. 9, 2012

I saw this title of this post on the Twitter update, and I was like, “Okay, neither of those names remind me of Earthbound”. xD I’d never heard of these guys before now, I really like this mix. I dunno what the thought process was behind this not being relevant or an old idea. D: It’s EB-related enough for sure, if you ask me. If this wasn’t so weird, I would put this song on my wake-up alarm… But my family would be like, “what”. :/

gBev said on Nov. 9, 2012

I feel like these guys have split up and gotten back together about five times at this point.

Maybe that’ll change since people are throwing a ton of money at them now, everyone would be pretty angry if they broke up after that. Should be interesting, their stuff is pretty good when they work together.

man said on Nov. 9, 2012

@Vowswithin Actually, Brand0 once said that his guitar technique was ripped straight from Cobain, so that’s something.

TBird said on Nov. 9, 2012

I wonder if they’re going to redo the work they did earlier on the EarthBound rap. One of them said he wasn’t happy with the lyrics the other wrote in the old previews when they were split up.

jinxkatty7 said on Nov. 9, 2012

and I thought I loved the demented happy happy song already.

jinxkatty7 said on Nov. 9, 2012

Im surprised they didn’t say, “I won’t be happy until that annoying kid… is blue” *holds up a picture of Pokey in the Devil’s Machine.*