Random Post:

EarthBound on Frasier!

November 29th, 2012 | EarthBound, Manga

Alec sent this in a little while back:

Hi there! Long-time reader here, I made a couple of Earthbound-themed comics which I thought you might wanna host on your site :3

Comic #1

Comic #2

There’s something about animated GIF comics like this that’s always appealed to me. Can’t wait to see more!

12 Comments to Animated EarthBound Comics

Karadom said on Nov. 29, 2012

They feel really Zac Gorman-y. I like them.

Burglin Pork said on Nov. 29, 2012

That art style…..

Anonymous said on Nov. 29, 2012

would you care to substantiate what you mean by “that art style” because you complained about it in the forum thread too, and whether or not I think it’s rude as hell I’d still like to know exactly what your problem with it is because I find it to be quite charming

keep up the good work, alec

Mesousa said on Nov. 29, 2012

@Burglin Pork

By ‘Blecch’ I assume you mean ‘awesome’?

poben said on Nov. 29, 2012

it’s VERY, very similar to the art style in the video game comics “magical game time” does (Earthbound included.)
I’ve got to imagine that’s what he’s getting at.

Jason said on Nov. 30, 2012

It’s always nice seeing more Mother fan art. :)

But I hope he develops his own style more. Almost everyone starts out by copying what they like, even if they’re not showing it to people on the internet. Then their work evolves and becomes more original as their own ideas emerge.

Best wishes to Alec! But in the meantime when I want to see Zac Gorman I can just look at Zac Gorman. :)

Anonymous said on Nov. 30, 2012

I agree with Burglin Pork, the art style looks inconsistent to me and, just one or two frames don’t seem Motherish to me.

I love everything else about these comics though. There’s nothing wrong with constructive criticism guys.

Crav said on Nov. 30, 2012

It’s not constructive criticism if you just say something is ugly.

Very nice comics.

Buster The Fox said on Nov. 30, 2012

I’ve never seen an animated comic like this before… I’ve seen animated GIFs that look more like movies that play out in a comic-strip fashion, but never a full page with animations. Pretty neat!

Krennthief said on Nov. 30, 2012

The colours were so vibrant! I loved it. XD

Burglin Pork said on Nov. 30, 2012

I don’t like it for a few reasons. I hope I explain thoroughly.

1. It looks lazily done. Heck, it could have taken hours, but the sketchy style and annoying pen-drawn lines makes me think otherwise.

2. The “Animated GIF” aspect is unneeded. It looks choppy, and things look different when they ought not to be.

3. In the second comic, the use of capital letters followed by sentences starting with lowercase letters perturbs me.

4. My unsatisfactory emotions towards this style stem from when I saw a Starman HUNCHING OVER in the third Zac Gorman comic (not criticizing the author of the comics above.) Come on, Starmen are supposed to stand completely still and move by means of teleportation! I know it wasn’t this guy’s fault, but the deep trauma disturbs me each day.

Anonymous said on Dec. 1, 2012

He never said it looked ugly, and neither did I.