October 23rd, 2012 | EarthBound

Nintendojo recently posted an article about the religious themes that run through EarthBound – check it out here!

I’m also somewhat surprised to know Nintendojo is still around – I thought it closed long ago. Or maybe I’m thinking of something else. I need my pills.

10 Comments to The Church of Ness

Satsy said on Oct. 23, 2012

It was actually written by Starmen’s own Mr.Nameless, don’tcha know. 😛

Anonymous said on Oct. 23, 2012

Does anyone know who painted the header picture? I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

eruditebound said on Oct. 23, 2012

I know where to find the picture go to google images and type in “earthbound psi rockin” and there you go that’s how I found it

TheNessEB said on Oct. 23, 2012

As Picard would say, “That was, absolutely, brilliant.”

JesusLovesNess said on Oct. 23, 2012

What a cool article! I have always been interested in the comparisons of the life of Jesus and of Ness.

MrKoopan said on Oct. 23, 2012

that was really interesting, and I definitely never thought there was anything similar about Ness and Jesus, this article blew my mind

Derik Flensburg said on Oct. 24, 2012

Cool! This should be a good read.

Earth Saturn said on Oct. 24, 2012

This was an absolutely spectacular article. I knew there were religious themes in this game, but I never knew they go so deep! I wonder how many of these religious undertones Itoi intentionally made…

Saggy said on Oct. 24, 2012

I noticed a lot of things in this article I disagree with, and some are actually pretty far-fetched, but it’s a nice theory to think about.

JesusLovesNess said on Oct. 26, 2012

I wrote a similar article a while back, click on the link if you are interested in reading it…