October 16th, 2012 | EarthBound, Events

Good ol’ xfis and Melcat are going to be playing through EarthBound this weekend for charity:

On October 20th, 2012, I’ll be playing through Earthbound (SNES) live on Twitch.TV to raise money for my local Children’s Hospital. Mal will be joining me as well. We intend to start at noon that day and continue until we’ve completed the game.

But we need your help! We’ve set a goal of $500 to reach before we finish the game. All of these proceeds will go directly to the hospital, and donating is safe and easy.

If we reach the $500 goal before we finish playing Earthbound, Mal and I will continue playing more classic SNES games until midnight. Donkey Kong Country, Super Metroid, who knows!

Thanks again for taking the time to read this, and I hope you’ll support the cause and join us on October 20th for a lot of fun.

When it goes live, you can check it out here! It looks like they’re already well on their way to meeting their goal before it’s even started, cool!

I also got an e-mail today about an EarthBound charity video with a link to here. I don’t know if it’s the same thing or not – it seems to take place at the exact same time and date so I’m assuming it’s the same. If not, please let me know so I can get unconfused!

12 Comments to Playing EarthBound for Charity

Moolah said on Oct. 16, 2012

I’ll give you 30 bucks if you do a 1/128 run.

B-femme said on Oct. 16, 2012

What a great idea! This makes me ha…ppy…

Mesousa said on Oct. 16, 2012

The second one is definitely not the same thing.

Stephen’s is going to a local children’s hospital (He lives in South Carolina), while the other one goes to some hospital in Florida.

The fact that everything else is the same, including the $500 goal, is really strange.

Mesousa said on Oct. 16, 2012

Also, quick disclaimer:
I only know where he lives because I follow the vlog.

I’m not some creepy stalker or anything.

CerealQueen said on Oct. 16, 2012

I actually saw that 2nd link.
vid is running that one.

vid said on Oct. 16, 2012

Whoa! It’s not the same thing, we’re just both running as part of the yearly event put on by http://www.extra-life.org – It’s just an awkward coincidence that we’re both starting at noon, same with our set donation goals.

This is the second year that the “Mother’s Love” marathon will be running, so right now the $538.33 donation goal is just set to try and match/beat what was raised last year. Also, unlike Xfis and Mel’s event, if the $500 barrier before the event starts, my and my friends will also be playing through Tomato’s Mother 1 translation as well.

To help prove that it’s not super skeevy, here’s a link to when we were on the Starmen.Net front page last year: http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Site/Newsroom/406022416/page/1

But yeah… most just really uncomfortable coincidence. Sorry for any confusion and inconvenience, guys.

Mato said on Oct. 16, 2012

CHARITY KOMBAT!

vid said on Oct. 16, 2012

Arnold Palmer vs McLeod – ROUND 1 – FIGHT!

PkLoveTheme said on Oct. 16, 2012

Wow, that was unexpected. I hope I didn’t cause any confusion when I sent in the email about vid. They’re two separate events, but all Earthbound charity deserves attention and plenty of support!

Apple Kid said on Oct. 16, 2012

One of my classmate’s father has a type of cancer (I’m not sure what kind) you have inspired me to to a marathon for it. “Mother for Father” that’s what I’ll call it I will start the day after Halloween I’ll work out other details later.

BusterTheFox said on Oct. 16, 2012

Someday, when I get my new computer, I’m going to go crazy recording all of my favorite games. :p I’d love to do a marathon some day. I just need one of those… what are they called… Oh yeah, worthy causes. 🙂 Well, there’s a children’s hospital around here somewhere.

Good luck on your drives, and I just got a new job, so maybe I’ll donate! Although I don’t get paid for another week. D: Hmm.

vid said on Oct. 18, 2012

Just in case anyone is still checking the comments for this post, I’d like to show off the variety of cool art up for auction, and the handful of raffle prizes that we’ll be giving away as part of the Mother’s Love marathon this year: