Mr. Saturn for Breakfast!
Good ol’ xfis and Melcat are going to be playing through EarthBound this weekend for charity:
On October 20th, 2012, I’ll be playing through Earthbound (SNES) live on Twitch.TV to raise money for my local Children’s Hospital. Mal will be joining me as well. We intend to start at noon that day and continue until we’ve completed the game.
But we need your help! We’ve set a goal of $500 to reach before we finish the game. All of these proceeds will go directly to the hospital, and donating is safe and easy.
If we reach the $500 goal before we finish playing Earthbound, Mal and I will continue playing more classic SNES games until midnight. Donkey Kong Country, Super Metroid, who knows!
Thanks again for taking the time to read this, and I hope you’ll support the cause and join us on October 20th for a lot of fun.
When it goes live, you can check it out here! It looks like they’re already well on their way to meeting their goal before it’s even started, cool!
I also got an e-mail today about an EarthBound charity video with a link to here. I don’t know if it’s the same thing or not – it seems to take place at the exact same time and date so I’m assuming it’s the same. If not, please let me know so I can get unconfused!
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to Playing EarthBound for Charity
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...