October 30th, 2012 | MOTHER 1, Uncommon Knowledge, Videos

There’s a trick you can do in MOTHER / EarthBound Zero (or possibly just the GBA port, I’m not really sure) where you can fight the final boss with just Ninten:

Basically, when the little scene where you’d normally dance with Ana starts, use the Onyx Hook to warp to Magicant. Ninten will be the only one in your party at the time, so you’ll be able to go around and do stuff with just him now!

I haven’t tried this myself, but I’m guessing it probably works in all versions of the game. If anyone has the patience to check though, please do!

10 Comments to Ninten Solo Ending

Carl said on Oct. 30, 2012

Don’t you need Ana’s “sing” command to beat Giegue? It’s hard to tell what’s going on in that video because I can’t read Japanese, but does “sing” appear as one of Ninten’s command if he fights Giegue alone?

Mato said on Oct. 30, 2012

I think all the characters get the Sing ability in the first game during the final battle.

Anonymous said on Oct. 30, 2012

@Carl, in EarthBound Zero, all the characters can sing, or at least Ninten can, not just Ana alone. That’s EarthBound. I imagine with only one party member, the battle takes much longer ;B

I thought I heard that a lot of the developers of Mother and EarthBound formed Gamefreak and thus are connected to Pokémon that way. They aren’t really that alike, but I have occasionally noticed a few similarities. For instance, I know Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire versions use either a very similar or the exact same bumping sound that Mother 3 uses. Additionally, in the ending of Black/White versions, there’s this song that borrows a few notes from Mother 3’s Love song.

Carl said on Oct. 30, 2012

Yeah, I was thinking that only Ana could sing. I haven’t played the original Mother in a long time, and I was getting it confused with Paula’s “pray” command in Earthbound.

Thanks for the clarification.

Earth Saturn said on Oct. 30, 2012

This glitch works in the English prototype as well. There was a video made by PaperMario15 that shows off this glitch.

However, it didn’t show him beating the game with just Ninten. I’d imagine that part of the glitch works in the English prototype works as well, but I’m not sure.

Reficul said on Oct. 30, 2012

Jegus, level 45?
I think I was only at 30 or so when I went through the ending area.

Ice Sage said on Oct. 30, 2012

It seems like it would be harder, but it’s actually not too difficult beating him with just Ninten (provided your level isn’t really low). Since Ninten’s the only one in the party, all you have to do is use PSI Shield α and then just use Lifeup/Medicine to heal yourself when needed.

Ice Sage said on Oct. 30, 2012

Sorry about the double post, but I just realized how stupid the above posts looks now that I realized there’s a video in the OP demonstrating the whole thing (it wasn’t showing up before for some reason). Oops.

Earthbounder said on Oct. 31, 2012

I remember reading that Lloid and Ninten are the only required characters to complete the game. Ninten because hes the main character(of course) And Lloid because he needs to clear the railroad track, get eve, drive the tank, ect. Whilst Ana and teddy arent even ever needed! 😛

RudyC3 said on Oct. 31, 2012

@Carl: In the video, Ninten gets the sing command after guarding a couple times. He doewn’t have it when the battle starts, but after he guards for a few turns, his flee/run command (Nigero) gets replaced with the sing command (♪Utau).

Find Merchandise!