EarthBound Hack: Hallow’s End
A good while back, pk_stan sent me this tidbit of info:
Hey Mato, a weird thing happened today. I was browsing the app store on my iPhone and downloading random stupid things. Nothing out of the ordinary, right? Wrong!
I ended up downloading a free app called “8bitDrum” and I was excited to try it out. As I was fiddling around with it, I noticed that you could play the drums to various 8-bit tunes. I got to the second song and I just paused and thought “no way!”
The song was “Pollyanna”! I continued on in the app and found familiar Mario tunes among others. I was really surprised, so I thought that I would contact you. I’ve attached a video showing what I found. Please pay no attention to my failed attempt at drumming to it. I can’t keep a rhythm to save my life.
And here’s the video:
I’m guessing the creator didn’t get the rights to use these songs, but oh well – it’s still kind of cool!
Other Related Posts:
3 Comments to MOTHER Music in 8bitDrum
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues